Pitman arm

Colombo

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the stud size (that connects to the cross link) on a C body (pre 1972) pitman arm is the same as a standard B body or E body? Thanks

Both "B" and "E" body PITMAN ARMS are toys compared to the "C".... (as also indicated above)
I have all of them --- so I would have to do a comparison (never asked to -- or checked that before in 49 years .....) to actually see --- But the PITMAN ARMS are Very Very Different... And Very Very Different length and curvature, also.....
Proforged is Chineseum... I have U.S.A. made
PITMAN ARMS, if you would like or prefer.....

Always best to simply call me --- Craig ---
516 - 485 - 1935.... New York.....

Both "B" and "E" body PITMAN ARMS are toys compared to the "C".... (as also indicated above)
I have all of them --- so I would have to do a comparison (never asked to -- or checked that before in 49 years .....) to actually see --- But the PITMAN ARMS are Very Very Different... And Very Very Different length and curvature, also.....
Proforged is Chineseum... I have U.S.A. made
PITMAN ARMS, if you would like or prefer.....

Always best to simply call me --- Craig ---
516 - 485 - 1935.... New York.....

If you could check the size between the B and C Pitman with a micrometre and let me know the results I'd appreciate it

I am a parts man.... Sorry, don't even know what that tool is you are talking about.....
I am not ignorant -- so I am sure it is some measuring device --- but I SURE don't have it....
The extent of my tools is a couple screwdrivers, a couple wrenches, and a pair of vice grips.

Add on: Does a transmission funnel count as a tool ???? I have one of them.

Last edited:
If you could check the size between the B and C Pitman with a micrometre and let me know the results I'd appreciate it
I don't get it, why? They are different sizes, why pursue it? Do you need a pitman arm for your C; you've been given leads....

Back