Pleasantly Surprised By A Cheap Carburator

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I was leary of buying a cheap Chinese carb off of Amazon but after putting it on I'm pretty happy. 2 bbl's are expensive to buy rebuilt and the one on my Fury had been rebuilt by the PO and wasn't good. This one was $86. The only issue was I had to file the mounting holes a bit. I'd seen a couple of reviews about it so I wasn't surprised. I bolted it on, hooked everything up and it started right up, idled smooth and revs up nicely. I have a few more issues to fix before I can take it on a shakedown run but I think it will do well.
PXL_20220201_203318578.jpg
PXL_20220202_002435504.jpg
PXL_20220202_002440003.jpg

Last edited:
This was the second carb I bought from Amazon. I got one for my buddy's Onan generator on his motor home and it worked well too.

Went out this morning and did a cold start. Fired right up and choke worked perfectly.

Put an Amazon carb on my riding mower, and several small engines. Wouldn't do it any other way now.

FWIW, I've watched these knock-offs for the past 3 years, waiting to see if they'll do a slightly larger bore one for a 383. I've seen them do Autolite 2100s putatively big enough for Ford 351s and Jeep 360s, and these have tempted me, but for now we're happy with the Stromberg rebuild we copped a couple years ago.

There's a vendor with a mess of Carter BBD remans which I'm also curious about, but I reckon the next carburetor we're apt to spend much $ on will be the nice shiny Edelbrock 1405 to plop onto a factory 4 bbl manifold, both of which we now have, but NEITHER of which I'm going to waste on these dirty, fukt-over 516s. When I get the 915s on, THEN we will do the intake and Edelbrock.

Back