Please identify year and elaborate on the patrol car in pic.

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I admit I'm a newby to the Mopar scene with my recent Imperial purchase. I love the body style of this particular patrol car. Any help identifying it and any added info about yr, features, rarity,
FB_IMG_1502559306709-1.jpg
etc...?
Thanks.

Polara71 is correct, a 72 Fury. They actually have 2 of these that are restored, one is a museum piece, the other a close second. The second one they have out for special events.

Its a 72 Fury BUT Isnt this a staged photo as in taken recently
Not sure the history of photo...saw it and thought wow...a beauty...the front end looked different to me...would that be a Fury I plus police upgrade?

I'll keep my eye out for more pics...I don't think I have ever seen this one before.

I'm not aware of them having a second 72 but here is the whole story on the 72 that was originally restored by the PSP Historical, Educational, & Memorial Center. PSP cars of this era were Fury II's.

PSP-HEMC-1972 Plymouth Fury Restoration

According to the article written about this 83 PSP Malibu restoration, there are only 5 known PSP restorations but I don't know when this article was written.

PSP-HEMC-1983 Chev Malibu Restoration

I'm not aware of them having a second 72 but here is the whole story on the 72 that was originally restored by the PSP Historical, Educational, & Memorial Center. PSP cars of this era were Fury II's.

According to the article written about this 83 PSP Malibu restoration, there are only 5 known PSP restorations but I don't know when this article was written.

Update, the 83 Malibu story is obviously out of date or wrong because here is a 73 that was restored and is being showed.

74PSPFury_zps8499ce8f.jpg

That's a nice article with before pics, too.

Those lights are brutal. We have one in our shop hooked up to the popcorn machine with 25a power supply, barely turns it...

a dead giveaway in the first pic is the shoulder patch.....that was not the patch until 1989 and that car would have long been taken out of service by then.

They need to let some air out of the rear shocks.
No air in those shocks. HD suspension, shocks & springs, to deal with service duty. The pic of it sitting behind the Superbird looks like the rear end is sitting higher but it's because it's sitting on the down slope of the crest of the hill.

Back