Plug wires.

74monacoHT

Reaction score
20221021_002754.jpg

I know this isn't concours work. Just prettying 'er up and enjoying it. Was all very ugly when I started.

What color plug wires would you use here?

Imperial_Eagle_72

Reaction score
I always thought cars with factory electronic ignition has orange wires. That is what I am going to do for my 440.

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Original electronic ignition wires were orange, they are not easy to get.
Once I was able to get an NOS set at a cost, I tested the resistance and found it to be double then the Denso wires I have now.
I decided to hold off on the swap.
Orange plug wires.

CBODY67

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Black wires with reddish plug boots, black wires with black plug boots, or solid orange wires and plug boots are usually the three combinations that the general public will take "as stock: on Chrysler engines. Its people who "know what they are looking at" who know what might go where. Main thing is to have them loomed and routed correctly, to me, in those three color combinations.

Many of us know what is or might have been available outside of the repro parts network, so some allowances can be made for that. And that availability can change from time to time, too!

Personally, as long as the wires are in the above three color combinations, NOT in some other combination related to some brand or orientation of wires, loomed in a factory configuration for the model, model year, and exhaust manifolds, I'm fine with things.

Looks good!

CBODY67