WANTED Plymouth Fury III 1969 - Hood trim molding back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagepirat

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello.
I'm looking for the chrome hood trim on the rear of the hood. See picture (even that on this picture the trim isn't on, but you can at least see what part I´m looking for).
Maybe someone here has one or any idea where I could purchase one....

Greetings Axel

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-27 um 20.56.48.png

That trim piece is aluminum if I'm not mistaken. I've never seen one in anything other than body color.

Hello.
I'm looking for the chrome hood trim on the rear of the hood. See picture (even that on this picture the trim isn't on, but you can at least see what part I´m looking for).
Maybe someone here has one or any idea where I could purchase one....

Greetings Axel

View attachment 442181
Would one from a 69 300 fit

My 1969 Fury III does have trim there but in body color. Here is another example I found on Utube.

Hello. I don't know if a 69´300 part will fit. But today I was in my garage and checked again. On one of my two hoods, there is that trim, it seems to be metal and its painted in body color. On the other hood, which I was told to come from a 69 Sport Fury, the trim seems to be made out of plastic with a chrome-lookalike finish. See pictures attached. Anyway I would either need the metal trim, which I could paint however I want or the, in my opinion cheaper looking plastic-trim.

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

Some (if not all) the Chryslers have chrome stainless, there were also pieces on the fenders. I do not feel that this was an option on either the Dodge or the Plymouth as the fenders needed to be made to receive them. On the Chryslers the fenders are pinched down like the hood so the trim could snap on.

Could you put the Chrysler chrome trim on? yes. I feel it would look funny without the pieces on the fenders, that would take some work.

Alan

Hy Alan.
I have the chrome fender pieces. I'm not sure about putting them on. But I anyway, with the piece missing, the whole hood looks funny and wrong. I don't want to put the broken plastic clip back on, but if can't find a replacement it seems Illinois have to. And the metal piece which is on the green hood (see pictures) will stay on that hood.

Hy Alan.
I have the chrome fender pieces. I'm not sure about putting them on. But I anyway, with the piece missing, the whole hood looks funny and wrong. I don't want to put the broken plastic clip back on, but if can't find a replacement it seems Illinois have to. And the metal piece which is on the green hood (see pictures) will stay on that hood.
All of the 69s hoods that I have seen had a metal trim on the rear of the hood, no clips holding it on, you do have to be careful removing the trim.

Alan

Yes the 300 trim will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back