For Sale Plymouth Fury III 1971

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marv

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine
I really do like this one and the price is fair if the restoration has been done properly.
Although in the last pic it seems that it left the factory with a blue vinyltop

Plymouth Fury III 1971

00x0x_jIrSsXEyihM_600x450.jpg
01010_dxShDgEMjso_600x450.jpg

01111_frVZjzZyXCu_600x450.jpg

00M0M_f1iypB0PAPe_600x450.jpg

01515_dhYZBm4GIsK_600x450.jpg

00i0i_lXlpdd75x3X_600x450.jpg

00f0f_7JKiD9DeOC1_600x450.jpg

00z0z_e4fiY13sYEm_600x450.jpg

01414_iAvMiBdtOqp_600x450.jpg

ASKING 6000$
This was a barn find from Wisconsin with really low mileage. It has the original 360 motor that runs and drives. I drove it from Wisconsin in 2010 to CT (1100 miles) and started the restoration. I kept OEM parts and kept paint original to the build sheet from behind rear seat. I have saved information and receipts from the restoration process.
The final picture in the photo series is the car in its original condition before restoration began.
Call/text four17nine89nine968

Thanks for posting.

All decals by the headlights still present. I hope this blue beauty finds a good home. I think about how my 360 would run and sound with duals.

Can someone explain to me why this seemingly rust-free, clean, blue Fury coupe has not sold yet? pm23k1d278981 was featured on Hemmings a week ago, BTW -- high-resolution photos:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/11/03/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1971-plymouth-fury-iii/

Is it that the dash needs a new cover, the factory air has "all the parts needed to finish putting it together", and the new paint and vinyl top got scratches and one tear in vinyl top from a flying tent? If so, then I feel bad for the current owner who clearly put a lot into fixing the car.

64090873-770-0@2X.jpg

Still, for $6k, am I missing something?

Yes you are missing something. C bodys are NOT popular in the main stream. I hate to say it but true.
They want Cudas and Chevelles and Novas,,,ect. I never bought my 69 Fury as an investment. I could have bought a Chevelle ,Nova etc but did not. I bought my 69 Fury cause I wanted one. :thumbsup: I don't give a **** if it will make me any money or not.

Last edited:
true from both of you.

I wonder why it hasn't been bought from an oversea dealer yet, too.
Holdback might be smallblock and no hideaway headlights.

To me the wrong pattern v-roof is a turn off.
Bench and smallblock don't help either as well as not being a Sport Fury for me.

But in general a decent car exspecially for the money if hasn't major rustproblems from underneath (being from WI originally, not land of the rustfree)

Don't get me wrong ,Cudas, Chevelles and Novas etc are great cars but they are all I see at car cruises.

To me the car is in a "grey area" between expensive turn-key and cheap project.

Guys with $6k to burn would just as soon burn another $1500-$2000 for something that needs nothing but a warm garage space.

Guys with $2500 to spend on a project (and then another $5000 over time) aren't going to pony up $6000 because they don't have it.

To me the car is in a "grey area" between expensive turn-key and cheap project.

hm.
expensive turn key car?
Looks like a cheap turn key car to me.

You can always throw money in a car if you want to.

What kind of "classic car driver" do you get today for 6k$ ?

hm.
expensive turn key car?
Looks like a cheap turn key car to me.

You can always throw money in a car if you want to.

What kind of "classic car driver" do you get today for 6k$ ?

But it's not a turn-key. It looks like a car that suffered minor damage in 1973.

The high-dollar crowd moves onto something perfect, the low-dollar moves onto something cheaper. And yes, there are cheaper, driving project cars out there.

An extra $1000 and I don't have to fix anything, chase parts, or paint it. Plus I get bucket seats, a Foghat 8-track and an electric hole in the roof. Not a "c", but still a nice old car.

00303_807NyiPc7ST_600x450.jpg

1978 Chrysler Cordoba

But it's not a turn-key. It looks like a car that suffered minor damage in 1973.

The high-dollar crowd moves onto something perfect, the low-dollar moves onto something cheaper. And yes, there are cheaper, driving project cars out there.

An extra $1000 and I don't have to fix anything, chase parts, or paint it. Plus I get bucket seats, a Foghat 8-track and an electric hole in the roof. Not a "c", but still a nice old car.

1978 Chrysler Cordoba

we have to be careful before it gets ugly:)

There is a reason Chrysler went nearly bankrupt in 1979.
The only Cordoba I would buy is a 1970.
There is nothing useful to do with a 75 and up Cordoba or Charger.
Not even 440s installed to pull them out.:D

And you won't find many europeans willing to buy any 75-79 Mopars and ship them over. You can keep them all:)

Back to the original car:
Find me a 69-71 Fuselage 2dr Coupe driver for 6k.
No more-doors.

Carsten

Yes you are missing something. (...) I bought my 69 Fury cause I wanted one. :thumbsup: I don't give a **** if it will make me any money or not.

Same reason why I bought my Polara. I'd likely be underwater if I sold it now. I don't really care, because for me it has major consumption (i.e., enjoyment, as opposed to investment) value and because I get utility from knowing it is a true survivor that has been fettled "right."

The reason I was expressing sympathy for the current owner, is not because of "return on investment" considerations, but because he must have liked his car to spend the time/care he did -- but his effort was messed up by that flying tent, and now his car is sitting unwanted.

Back to the original car:
Find me a 69-71 Fuselage 2dr Coupe driver for 6k.
No more-doors.

Carsten

That's exactly the reason for my question. I've seen this car listed at $8.5k, then $7k, and now $6k on the latest CL. I know it is not a SF and it has a SB, but I've heard quite a bit of praise for the 360. The color is right, the year is right (better suspension), and it's a 2-door. IMHO, the ripped roof gives the buyer a way to get a steep discount to fix what was an incorrectly-redone roof to start with. From the ad, it seems that the restoration was done so that the vinyl could be removed easily anyways. That leaves the dash and the A/C.

Last edited:

View attachment 229198
1978 Chrysler Cordoba

FYI that car has a salvage title .

From the ad,
Per written statement from previous owners, Title status due to error at the California DMV that they were unwilling to remedy
Original California Car

its a gorgeous car, shame I have no more open stalls this winter as it would have a place here. I even have a complete tach gauge set waiting.

Not mine
I really do like this one and the price is fair if the restoration has been done properly.
Although in the last pic it seems that it left the factory with a blue vinyltop

Plymouth Fury III 1971

View attachment 226920 View attachment 226921
View attachment 226922
View attachment 226923
View attachment 226924
View attachment 226925
View attachment 226926
View attachment 226927
View attachment 226928

ASKING 6000$
This was a barn find from Wisconsin with really low mileage. It has the original 360 motor that runs and drives. I drove it from Wisconsin in 2010 to CT (1100 miles) and started the restoration. I kept OEM parts and kept paint original to the build sheet from behind rear seat. I have saved information and receipts from the restoration process.
The final picture in the photo series is the car in its original condition before restoration began.
Call/text four17nine89nine968

Needs Road Wheels.:poke:

Hope it finds a good home. Nice car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back