"PLYMOUTH MAKES IT"

ph23vo

Reaction score
had this since the early 80's..wish i could find another one!

plymouthmakesitplate.JPG

LOL... you ain't got no clue man... look at my pic... see any you listed that are even REMOTELY CLOSE?...hmmm ... nope..

24A02F99-4103-4C2D-9E52-6141EC9FC8D8.jpeg
D
LOL... you ain't got no clue man... look at my pic... see any you listed that are even REMOTELY CLOSE?...hmmm ... nope..
Definitely a hard to find plate. Stumbled across one at Mopar Nationals about 10 years ago. Immediately bought it. The real hard one to find is the ‘71 ‘Plymouth Coming Through’ promo plate.

Dan's not looking hard enough.
I've been looking for 10 years for one plate frame and 14 years for another.
That doesn't mean scouring , juussst lookin

Last edited:
vintage_auto_art_ltd_website_2005025.jpg

Wish Dodge would have done something a bit more retro for the new Demon instead of that Gargoyle they use now....
img_0797.jpg

Lol... one of the worst movies I ever saw as a kid. Though the leading lady was cute so naturally I had muddle through. Hahaha

Still not the same
The one posted by Ironwolf is the correct logo. It's on the 70 Plymouth brochure. I have no idea why they made it in blue in the 80s other than it might have been easier to reproduce.

Looks like the blue was the secondary logo, to coin an MLB/NBA phrase.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Bad link. It's www.vintageautoartltd.com .

If we could get a clean enough image of the plate Dan posted, then I'm sure they could do it. Or, maybe they can just use the image of the full-color one and then use Photoshop to color it in blue.

I'm definitely interested in one if someone wants to get them done.

The one posted by Ironwolf is the correct logo. It's on the 70 Plymouth brochure. I have no idea why they made it in blue in the 80s other than it might have been easier to reproduce.

Right but Dan wants the original

Doing alittle bit of thread digging.

So I’ve been looking for repop of any of the Plymouth plates for half a year now. The company listed above has since stopped all their productions and stopped vendoring to Year One, Classic Industries etc. I scoured EBay for a while with no help. I decided to do what @70Tom suggested and had it be scanned and then printed. The sample I had wasn’t the highest resolution. Only about 800x600 pixels and found it from an old Plymouth fan page.

I think it did end up looking pretty alright. I did toy around with some other designs but wanted to see how this came or first.

Just thought I’d post for anyone interested in remaking any hard to find or impossible plates

D6241C45-AA4C-4EA8-8CF8-E3181F95C93A.jpeg

Toyed around and wanted to test out these designs from various brochures or promotional advertisement I found as a plate design in the coming weeks

85B1190E-B15D-44B3-A01B-2804D369C0DD.png

4AA285D5-1576-4921-828D-90965187D722.png

Back