Pm space...

68plymouth383

Reaction score
Guys, is it just me? I'm noticing my pm literally fill up by the minute. I made some room last night, and bam. Full again. Ether our free space has shrunk in an effort to push the gold, or I'm missing something.

It was always small. IDK if it changed as I went gold the very moment it became available, without looking to see what I'd get for it... I don't mind supporting this site, but I don't expect everyone else to feel the same. I've spent much more on stuff I like much less.

If the standard box size has reduced, $40 gets you 1000 threads worth of storage. Otherwise I suppose you'll have to adjust... my biggest regret was all the threads I've deleted before the gold became available... I like being able to thumb back through information I've forgotten.

beside that: I simply e-mail directly with friends or business partners
I'm not very consistent with my personal email account... but I'm usually here once a day.
I think that's gonna be the solution... it's easier to send pics ect that way
Gold makes pictures in messaging as easy as everywhere else here...

If you buy or sell much, I would highly recommend it.

Not sure about the "gold" benefit? If I use PMs 2 or 3 times per year that would be max. I thought ads supported this site?

I'll be honest. I got a tad irked about asking to cough up $40 but I then thought about the all the memories I have now of events that I have encountered solely because of FCBO.
To me it was a Thank You, Joey.

I understand the businees model, but from my perespective MrJoeyChicago should be paying us for the content that we create that generates income from the advertisiments run on this site.
I'll be honest. I got a tad irked about asking to cough up $40 but I then thought about the all the memories I have now of events that I have encountered solely because of FCBO.
To me it was a Thank You, Joey.

Until you have to pay $50 next year.

Without the free content that the "members" post, this site is nothing.

We should get a dividend check for creating content, which creates traffic, which creates advertising revenue for the owner.

Last edited:
I understand the businees model, but from my perespective MrJoeyChicago should be paying us for the content that we create that generates income the advertisiment run on this site.

And as always, I'll evaluate my options at that time and vote with my wallet.

I think Joey gave us a good arena... but more, and more it's ether becoming limited. Or we're getting charged if we want features

It's 100% College textbook Buisness Major.
He's deriving an income by providing a service that will succeed or fail.
There are expenses. He has to juggle the balls on what to offer and still put food on the table.
The **** I imagine he has to deal with makes me not want to do it.
Joey, you're not driving an '18 Continental with the Black Tie Pkg, are you.

in 14 years on FABO and FBBO, I have raised the price once -- from $35 to $40 ---

I think Joey gave us a good arena... but more, and more it's ether becoming limited. Or we're getting charged if we want features

How so? More and more?

Joey, you're not driving an '18 Continental with the Black Tie Pkg, are you.

Nope. In fact, my Daily driver is a 2003 Deville I've had for 10 years and bought used.

Not sure about the "gold" benefit? If I use PMs 2 or 3 times per year that would be max. I thought ads supported this site?

They do -- but this gives you a way to get around the ads -- Ads aren't shown to gold members.

They do -- but this gives you a way to get around the ads -- Ads aren't shown to gold members.
Hey that explains what's different... the screen got wider... :thankyou:
upload_2018-5-13_3-43-8.png

Joey, on your other forums non paying members get 100 pm's... I'm just trying to understand these new limitations. Before we could also send pics in pm without a 3rd party piece of software... I like the koolaid. I just think it needs more sugar. I've been an active member here almost 7 years. You've always stated we've been your Cadillac group if you will. I guess the emblems are starting to fall off. Jason

in 14 years on FABO and FBBO, I have raised the price once -- from $35 to $40 ---

How so? More and more?

Nope. In fact, my Daily driver is a 2003 Deville I've had for 10 years and bought used.

Screenshot_20180513-072327.png

It was always small. IDK if it changed as I went gold the very moment it became available, without looking to see what I'd get for it... I don't mind supporting this site, but I don't expect everyone else to feel the same. I've spent much more on stuff I like much less.

If the standard box size has reduced, $40 gets you 1000 threads worth of storage. Otherwise I suppose you'll have to adjust... my biggest regret was all the threads I've deleted before the gold became available... I like being able to thumb back through information I've forgotten.

used to be lotsa space then while back changes were made...space was lost...now it sounds like its getting worse....l rarely use it now

Back