PO said horn wouldn't stop blowing

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember the PO said he removed the horns because they wouldn't stop blowing. I was going to find some new horns while I'm at it should I order a new horn relay? Is that likely the problem? This is my '66 300, and the steering wheel horn switch is the half circle bar and it seems to move freely.

Usually (but not always) it's in the steering wheel. To me several times over the years anyway....

Usually (but not always) it's in the steering wheel. To me several times over the years anyway....
I figured it wouldn't be as easy simply changing the relay.

I should have asked this in the original post. Can I buy horns to simply plug into the factory wiring harness? Have tried some google searches and came up with nothing.

Let me know if you wanna take a field trip to Murray's. I'm dying to see that place. It's up by Mansfield or something (419 area code).

Let me know if you wanna take a field trip to Murray's. I'm dying to see that place. It's up by Mansfield or something (419 area code).

I can see a road trip. I have been thinking about this for a while. I think after driving it this weekend I have my list. I had totally forgot about my horn until I wanted to use it. I googled it a while back and can't remember the miles but not a bad drive it's still in Ohio.

Ross, you could probably trade your seats up there for some nice black ones...

Huh, I hadn't even thought of that. Now I really wanna go. 419 area code is less than two hours from me. A little further for Mike but I'd even offer to drive from Columbus & we can load up my truck if we find good stuff.

Huh, I hadn't even thought of that. Now I really wanna go. 419 area code is less than two hours from me. A little further for Mike but I'd even offer to drive from Columbus & we can load up my truck if we find good stuff.

Sounds like a great plan I'm game. We just need to figure out a day that good for both of us and with Murry. I called his number once and it's by appointment only and they aren't there everyday. I found his address and he is in Tiffin which is around 2 hours from my house so it will be even less from yours.

Murray is a good guy. You have to make an appointment with him. Once you contact him ask him if he is interested, the white stuff is harder to locate than the black stuff.

That sounds like a good trip, if I wasn't so friggin busy I'd be inclined to meet you down there.

HEY! I got a small shopping list if one of you guys can help me out.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Oooooo, Ooooo, ............... Ross called Matt out....:popcorn:
:laughing4:

Not exactly but Mike's gonna see if Murray will see us on the morning of the 10th if anybody else wants to man up & drive a few hours or so to see some cool cars. Anybody east of the Mississippi should really plan to make it if you're not a pussy. ;)

HEY! I got a small shopping list if one of you guys can help me out.

Let us know what you are looking for, happy to help after all the help you've given me.

That's super of you guys. I'll post the several or so items with pics in the morning.

Back