Polaroid and Vintage Pictures

Chandler

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about polaroid and older film cameras that add a layer of 'special' to photos of our older cars that just isn't replicated with modern cameras (It can't be nostalgia as I wasn't around when these cars were new).

I'd love to see what old photos everyone has laying around of any of their Mopars & maybe a little history behind them?

(Figured this forum was the best place to start this thread so members regardless of there era of C-body would have a better chance of seeing it)

Here are of couple of mine
Polaroid.jpeg
The Dart was my dads; he sold it when I was young before I had any interest in cars so the details about it are pretty hazy.

Admittedly, the Fury Wagon picture is kind of a cheat as I took it with a polaroid just the other day. But like I said up top, theres something about the older camera film that better capture these cars.

Last edited:
My favorite, my 1967 Barracuda on Mothers Day 1969. my grandparents purchased the car new and were visiting, this may have been their first time to this house as we just moved there in January (1969) and may be why the picture was taken, car was just in the way.

I'm the one seen over the car, 63 Plymouth Wagon (Belvedere?) and 55 Chevy 2-door sedan.
1969-05-11_101.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
I love the theme. Hopefully it goes somewhere. :thumbsup:

Admittedly, I the Fury Wagon picture is kind of a cheat as I took it with a polaroid just the other day.

New or old camera? I've been thinking about getting one since I never seem to get around to havign my digital pictures printed.

Here is photo taken in ‘63 or ‘64 with a Brownie camera. Negatives still in remarkable shape and scanned quite nicely.
upload_2021-3-17_8-37-41.jpeg

This is a ‘62 Lancer GT an older brother bought from Chrysler Engineering in ‘63 upon H.S. graduation. Gorgeous color with slant six, “three on the tree” and buckets. The car appeared to have been a three speed on the floor but had been converted to a column shift.
A visit to some of my “garages” on this site will show you more old photos of Dad’s cars over the years. Some are from very good slides, scanned negs, photos and a few faded polaroids.

This is a A-34 radio heater delete.
Was planning to restore the 70 GTX an automatic car.
Instead it was sacrificed to the great God of Speed!

E029F262-F9B5-42DF-B350-8085F529B965.jpeg

7F855464-CAA8-4595-BED7-745882FA1411.jpeg

7F0AEB74-581E-47A4-A0DF-6B5C4DE47132.jpeg

Back