SOLD POLY 318 4bbl. Intake Manifold #2206384 & Carter AFB 3249S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am putting up for sale this Poly 318, factory cast iron, 4bbl, intake manifold, #2206384, for the Carter 4bbl AFB carburetor.

And selling the Carter AFB carburetor 3249S AM1 that was on this intake manifold.

You will get all the bolts, brackets, coil mount, thermostat housing, temperature switch, heater hose and vacuum fittings, that are on this manifold.

I took all this off a 1957 Plymouth Savoy, and didn't leave anything behind, off the donor car.

As i mentioned i took all this off the 57 Savoy, but the carburetor codes out to be a 1962 Poly 318 Carter 4bbl.

I cleaned the manifold off all the grease and grime off the top side, and bottom side.
Now it's ready for the buyer to paint it whatever color engine paint of your choice.

I will sell the manifold with all the miscellaneous parts as i described in the above sentence at $450.00.

If you wan't to also purchase the Carter AFB, i will sell that separately at $125.00.
I am willing to break up the parts.
The carb is being sold AS IS condition.
It does look in damm good condition.
Give it a try as is, and see if it works, or if not, give it a rebuild.
You have nothing to loose.

Now lets talk about shipping and payment.

This manifold weighs a ton, and is a ball breaker, and hernia getter in lifting it up.
If figure easy 55 pounds, maybe a bit more, packaged up, ready to send.
You will be expecting a hugh shipping quote, so don't fall out of your chair when i look up a quote to your zip code, and tell you what it will be, from me here in California.
I use FEDEX, and send with insurance on the package, and a signature delivery at your end, when the FEDEX driver rings your doorbell.

Now for how i expect to be paid.
For something this expensive i prefer a US postal money order, cashiers check from your bank, or i accept Pay Pal, Family or Friends.

And if an in person, local pick up, cash in hand, hundred dollar bills will do just fine.

Any interested parties, please talk to me thru this forum in a private message, and i will get right back with you.

Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 001 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 002 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 003 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 005 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 006 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 010 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 013 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 017 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 018 (Small).JPG

Poly 318 Intake & Carb 009 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
I believe that casting number is correct for 1961 and 62, The best of the three that were cast. (No more 4bbl poly's after 62). The carb will work for 1962 and later and works with a "pull" cable. Previous carbs were manual linkage push type.

I believe that casting number is correct for 1961 and 62, The best of the three that were cast. (No more 4bbl poly's after 62). The carb will work for 1962 and later and works with a "pull" cable. Previous carbs were manual linkage push type.

Well, thank's for that information.
Most likely then, this equipment was transplanted onto the 57 Savoy sometime during it's lifetime.
Who knows, maybe the whole engine was a transplant.
Dunno.
I did scrape off all the crud below the left cylinder head, top of the engine block, and it did have 318 stamped into it, but i had no reason to write down numbers for posterity.

Do happen to have the air cleaner?
I'm interested in intake and carb.

Yes, i do.
I made an executive decision, and went back and purchased it, this morning.
So, if your interested, i have it for sale.

If not, to anyone out there in the "C" body world, just letting you know that it can be bought.

Rt. LCA's Air Cleaner 008 (Small).JPG

Rt. LCA's Air Cleaner 009 (Small).JPG

Rt. LCA's Air Cleaner 010 (Small).JPG

Rt. LCA's Air Cleaner 011 (Small).JPG

Updated ad.

I decided to detail it all up, for a couple of reasons.
1. I had nothing else to do.
2. i was just going to do the lid for the air filter.
Then after i did that, the top of the housing itself, looked like S*#T.
Then i did the top, then continued to do the whole thing.
I took it all down to bare metal with a 3M sanding wheel on the electric drill, then painted it up with Rustoleum paint.

As far as a price for this darn thing, i really didn't have any idea, so i look on ebay for Mopar, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, air cleaners.
Prices are all over the map.
So I'm figuring on a hundred dollar bill for it, to keep me happy, on price.
Does that sound fair enough?

And i performed the labor time, in bringing it back to this condition, and i like to be paid for doing labor, no matter what it may be.

And at this point in time, i don't have any idea what it will cost in shipping it from me, to your city.
Probably not cheap, but not super expensive either.

I really got pissed at a guy the other day, when he wanted to pay me 50 dollars less on the part, (manifold) because it was so expensive to ship it.
Why the hell should i take less, because it costs XXXX to send it?
*****, moan, cry, complain to the CEO's of all the shipping companies, and ask them if they will take 50 dollars less, not to me.

Well, rant over.

It's a MOPAR air cleaner unit, for certain.
Before i stripped off the paint, there was a factory Chrysler decal on it, in regards to the air filter element that is used in it.
I'll just tell people an early 60's air filter unit, and let them decide if it's for them or not.
Got a spot for it, to hang on the garage wall, as wall art.
Won't have to move it around.
JV.

1940-1965 Dodge Plymouth Chrysler Imperial Desoto Nice OEM Air Cleaner 1738020. | eBay

I found this ad while thumbing thru ebay.
That ebay air cleaner is very similar to the one that i have.
He believes it's for applications from the 1940's into the 1960's.
States for TRUCK engines.
So then, i tend to think my air cleaner started it's original life on Carter AFB 4bbl. engines, in trucks, back in the day.
That should clarify application, in my opinion, when 4bbl carburetors first came into existence.

Last edited:
Ok, i can live with your answer.
I haven't a clew what officially a 1961-62 Poly 318 4bbl. air cleaner assembly looks like.
You have a picture of what one looks like, that you can give this old man in air cleaner college.
Where are you getting your information from, might i ask?

Guess i could be assuming incorrectly, as the AFB is from 1962, so i figured the air cleaner would be too.
I Dunno.
Jim V.

Last edited:
FYI, UPDATE.

The Carburetor has been SOLD.
You don't have to ask about that part, any longer.

As far as the manifold goes, it's still For Sale.
The last guy that said he wanted it, will buy it, will make a road trip, and come and get it, hasn't followed through.

All that i ask as a seller, be truth full and honest with me, that you are serious in buying it from me.

As far as that air cleaner housing goes, i now feel comfortable in saying that it came off a 1962 Poly 318, 4bbl engine, from a TRUCK application.
That's currently for sale, also.

Another UPDATE:
The manifold has now also been SOLD.
I will close out this ad.
The Air Cleaner housing is still For Sale.
That hasn't yet been sold.
I will start a separate ad for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back