Poly Leafspring bushings?

Knebel

Reaction score
I am currently trying to find some bushing for the leaf spring hangers for my 68 Fury (the moog ones lasted 2 years and are already having tears in them). I want to replace them with something stiffer and I am browsing around on the Energy suspension website.

Has anyone done this? I found a bushing that could fit:

Energy Suspension bulk-2008 bulk-2008 | Suspension.com

Does anyone have experience with this bushing and know if it will fit the rear leaf hanger? My measurements are off a old worn rubber bushing and the poly one I found on their website seems just a tiny tad larger than what I am measuriing here... Also, the Front leafspring bushing....any recommendations for that or is that way hard to press out with a balljoint press??

Most shackle bushings last much longer than 2 years. Did you do the final torque with the car sitting on the ground of with it still on the jack stands? Just curious.

There ARE different rubber hardnesses in shackle bushings. For example, the stock '77 Camaro bushings were almost spongy, but the '77 Z/28 spec bushings were a good bit harder, which is what the normal ones superceded into later on. FWIW

CBODY67

Most shackle bushings last much longer than 2 years. Did you do the final torque with the car sitting on the ground of with it still on the jack stands? Just curious.

I'm curious about this too. Also, if you found poly bushings that are a little larger, I would think you should be able to shave/sand them down to fit.

Also, the Front leafspring bushing....any recommendations for that or is that way hard to press out with a balljoint press??

I bought a harbor fright 20 ton press ($150 out the door) to do my suspension and those bushings need a lot of pressure. I'm not sure if a ball joint press will get them out easily.

yep, torqued up with car lowered. They are absolutly dryrotted already. Maybe its been more like 4 years now that I think of it... but still

Back