Poly loc mounts

aretee

Reaction score
Any one used these? Updating my wagon, original motor & trans mounts were shot. Schumakers only had the poly loc for the '65, nice pieces, went in no problem. Start it up, the car vibrates like it has solid mounts...... I'll be looking for new rubber, not liking this at all.

If you can find any in rubber please let me know. I have been searching for a rubber tranny mount for a 62 B-body with a 727 and no luck so far. You may be stuck with the poly for a while.

Any one used these? Updating my wagon, original motor & trans mounts were shot. Schumakers only had the poly loc for the '65, nice pieces, went in no problem. Start it up, the car vibrates like it has solid mounts...... I'll be looking for new rubber, not liking this at all.

:confused5:I hope that's not the case. I have a set of polylocs for my 65 sitting in a box for a spring install. Guess I'll see.

Been using the Magnum mounts--now superceded by the Poly Locs-for years.
I bought the Poly's after discovering the Magnum mounts were discontinued.
They are beefier,and yes a bit firmer.No vibration issues here.
Bar none the best product out there for motor mounts.
No disappointments after beating the crap out of my motor..
th_MVI_1615.jpg

th_MVI_1615.jpg

th_MVI_1615.jpg

http://www.imperialservices.net/Imperial Services - C-Body Parts.htm

FYI

Steve makes A, B, & C body mounts. He also rebuilds your push button shifter to operate a newer transmission. Tell him Herb sent ya!

Actually got the trans mount from Steve; Schumacher gets them from him also :)
I had to rearrange the garage yesterday so I let the wagon run for a bit and it did seem to settle down on the vibration. Once it hit normal idle, it was barely noticable......
Now the rear springs are coming out for new bushings and liners, any other trailer towing package cars here? Count the leafs!

S5031140.jpg

Actually got the trans mount from Steve; Schumacher gets them from him also :)
I had to rearrange the garage yesterday so I let the wagon run for a bit and it did seem to settle down on the vibration. Once it hit normal idle, it was barely noticable......
Now the rear springs are coming out for new bushings and liners, any other trailer towing package cars here? Count the leafs!

holy cow!!!

Actually got the trans mount from Steve; any other trailer towing package cars here? Count the leafs!

Trailer towing my A#% my old Fargo Camper Special didn't have as many springs! You could throw a pallot of bricks in the trunk to smooth out the ride LOL. But seriously could that rear suspension be aggrevating your vibration issues?

I have the Poly Loc mounts on my blue 71' and I have absolutely no vibration issues.
Six leafs on my 70 convertible with the towing package.

My 68 New Yorker had the factory tow package and did not have that many leafs.
Lo-po C bodies had 5 leafs.
My Newport I did add an extra leaf for good measure..
IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

My 68 New Yorker had the factory tow package and did not have that many leafs.
Lo-po C bodies had 5 leafs.
My Newport I did add an extra leaf for good measure..
IMG_3778.jpg

Good looking undercarridge!

Got the springs out ( 85.4 lbs each! ); rear hanger bushings were toast, front bushings not too bad but I'll replace them if I can find new.
There is no center bolt thru the leafs, I can't figure out what is holding them together... Smooth top & bottom other than the alignment pin for the axle. Any spring experts here with ideas?

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

Somebody upgraded those springs.Typically the bands would keep them together.
With soo many leafs,the center pin will not keep them together.
The mains are probably toast.
In your pic on the firt page you can see that the righ spring was rubbiong the frame rail just behind the front eyelet.

I used the Mopar Repop B body rear spring shackle kit that included bushings.
They are identical to the 65-68 C body rear shcakles and bushings.
Front bushings are readily available from yur local spring shop,or on E bay.
For brand new springs,I highly recommend Alcan.
They can build a set of springs to your specifications for a reasonable price..
I have C body buddies use them,and I drove their cars.The product they deliver is awesome.
http://www.alcanspring.com/

Last edited:
Somebody upgraded those springs.Typically the bands would keep them together.
With soo many leafs,the center pin will not keep them together.
The mains are probably toast.
In your pic on the firt page you can see that the righ spring was rubbiong the frame rail just behind the front eyelet.

I used the Mopar Repop B body rear spring shackle kit that included bushings.
They are identical to the 65-68 C body rear shcakles and bushings.
Front bushings are readily available from yur local spring shop,or on E bay.
For brand new springs,I highly recommend Alcan.
They can build a set of springs to your specifications for a reasonable price..
I have C body buddies use them,and I drove their cars.The product they deliver is awesome.
http://www.alcanspring.com/

I wondered about them being updated, but everything appears to have been in place since new. I bought the car 22 years ago from a guy that grew up with the original owners son who bought the car specifically to pull his Airstream trailer. The factory trailer towing brochure is still with the car and mentions heavy duty springs as part of the package. There is no signs that they ever had bands around the main section of leafs; and in the last pic you can see the canvas/cloth hanging out of the pass spring that was rubbing the frame in the first pic. The cloth pieces are what I'm looking to replace as the spring are squeeking from them rubbing together.
The rear hangers don't appear to be the same as b body pieces, I will look at my Chargers setup to confirm.
I do appreciate your info, thanks!

Those Airstream guys are something else. At the Dealership we had a guy buy a new 74/75 ? NewYorker wagon and had us remove all the smog stuff off the 440. Change the cam, intake & carb, install headers and a full dual exhaust. Change the rear to 3.55 and beef up the rear suspension to pull his Airstream. He always had C-body wagons from the early 60's on just for his Airstreams. I think that wagon was his last.

Those Airstream guys are something else. At the Dealership we had a guy buy a new 74/75 ? NewYorker wagon and had us remove all the smog stuff off the 440. Change the cam, intake & carb, install headers and a full dual exhaust. Change the rear to 3.55 and beef up the rear suspension to pull his Airstream. He always had C-body wagons from the early 60's on just for his Airstreams. I think that wagon was his last.

Ha! Gotta have the best for the best!
Checked & the rear hangers are different than the b body, also different than my '66 so maybe a wagon thing? The bushings I believe are the same but the top long one has a center bushing, 3 pieces total.

S5031152.jpg

My bad..I forgot you were working on a wagon.I thought it was for the 300 in your avatar,sorry.
I am assuming your wagon is a Fusey?
Those spring shackles are not in reproduction,and there are some NOS ones floating out there.
As I mentioned,take your parts down to a local truck and/or spring shop.Thay might have the bushings for them.
The older the shop,the better chance they may have something,IMHO.

Those springs are probably part of the Airstream upgrade--or dealer installed.Who knows??

Last edited:
My bad..I forgot you were working on a wagon.I thought it was for the 300 in your avatar,sorry.
I am assuming your wagon is a Fusey?
Those spring shackles are not in reproduction,and there are some NOS ones floating out there.
As I mentioned,take your parts down to a local truck and/or spring shop.Thay might have the bushings for them.
The older the shop,the better chance they may have something,IMHO.

Those springs are probably part of the Airstream upgrade--or dealer installed.Who knows??

I would also guess dealer installed; whoever put them in it was the complete spring pack as there is no apparent way to seperate them! The shackles are in decent shape & will be reused.
The wagon is a Newport.

S5030599.jpg

Back