Polyurethane bushings source

Chrome58

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there any polyurethane bushings source for our C-bodies ?

I've searched Rockauto, Energy Suspensions and Summit, but apart from the rear spring shackle bushings (and I'm not even sure it really fits), I've found nothing.

Thank you.

I don't think anything has changed in this area. We only have standard bushings available for our c-bodies. Once you rebuilt the front end you will be very happy with the standard equipment. I added a rear sway bar from Feel Firm. Also realize that part of the front slop is in the steering box.

Once you address all these areas along with the rear springs you will be happy with how well they can handle.

I wouldn’t use polyurethane bushings myself but maybe try PST.

I don't think anything has changed in this area. We only have standard bushings available for our c-bodies. Once you rebuilt the front end you will be very happy with the standard equipment. I added a rear sway bar from Feel Firm. Also realize that part of the front slop is in the steering box.

Once you address all these areas along with the rear springs you will be happy with how well they can handle.

Is the steering box slop something remedied with a repair, or is it just replacing?

Is the steering box slop something remedied with a repair, or is it just replacing?
Either way, but it is something that needs to be done professionally. I haven't heard of anyone having much success trying to do it themselves. It is not cheap but an absolute necessity in my book.

This is where I had my steering box repaired, many here have used them. You have 4 steering responses to choose from. I chose Modern and am very happy with my choice.

http://www.steerandgear.com/catalogs-ordering

If you want to just buy a rebuilt box and trade in your core, this is another popular place and where I bought the rear sway bar set up.

Firm Feel Steering Box Rebuilds C-Body

Last edited:
When I was chasing "slop" in my '70 Monaco, as I turned the wheel, I could see the steering column moving in and out BEFORE the wheels turned. This is on the input side of the gear, where there is a bushing, seal, AND an adjustment. Needs a spanner wrench of sorts, as indicated in the power steering gear rebuild section of the FSM. Probably best done with the gear on a work bench.

The other side of things is that at this point in time, there are probably other wear points in the gearbox that might need to be addressed, too, which makes a rebuild/rebuilt situation a better choice.

Curious about what that "modern" calibration involves? Stiffer torsion bar?

CBODY67

Back