Possible internet disruptions?

crv

Reaction score
Got a message from my internet provider stating that they are trying their best to keep services running in the current climate, got me thinking if perhaps we will eventually have problems with certain companies being able to keep things operational or be cut off completely, at least temporarily. Let's hope not.

Got a message from my internet provider stating that they are trying their best to keep services running in the current climate, got me thinking if perhaps we will eventually have problems with certain companies being able to keep things operational or be cut off completely, at least temporarily. Let's hope not.

Internet companies are probably doing their best. With folks working at home, universities doing online classes, grade schools,high schools etc. Plus the extra traffic from the home bound shopping on line, traffic is setting records. As long as the techs stay healthy, they should be able to keep things running. Some areas have been noting slow downs in speed from the increased traffic but so far no major crashes. All those of us who are users of the service will just have to hope it all stays together.

Dave

If the poop really hits the fan I guess we do it the old fashioned way ,,Ham radio, got your license??

Was just talking about this last week. I really expect electric and the net to go down just because of the maintenance people going out either to lock down for two weeks or getting sick.

Was just talking about this last week. I really expect electric and the net to go down just because of the maintenance people going out either to lock down for two weeks or getting sick.
It won't happen, Atleast not in Canada, the hospitals need both the internet and electricity in order to function...

At the end of the day, they will divert all resources required in order to keep things going..

No problems here.....

Screenshot_20200324-102840_eero.jpg

Imagine.....
Writing a letter, putting it in an envelope and mailing it....
Sending payment (money order, check etc) to order something....
Calling someone and talking to real people...
Getting a card or letter from family or friends telling you hi or what's going on....

Imagine.....
Writing a letter, putting it in an envelope and mailing it....
Sending payment (money order, check etc) to order something....
Calling someone and talking to real people...
Getting a card or letter from family or friends telling you hi or what's going on....

I'm 65 and I remember when I was in 3rd grade and I had to write a letter for a school project. I wrote a letter to my Uncle that lived next door (6 feet away) and he wrote me back. That was a thrill back then! Lol

I'm 65 and I remember when I was in 3rd grade and I had to write a letter for a school project. I wrote a letter to my Uncle that lived next door (6 feet away) and he wrote me back. That was a thrill back then! Lol

And a stamp was a nickel then! :D

The internet is better equipped to handle dramatic shifts in traffic patterns than the telephone networks. There will be issues here and there along with some services not being able to scale quickly enough for new users. I expect businesses will see most of the problems related to this and not home consumers.

That said, if your ISP was junk before it will still be junk now.

Back