Post your 1960's window decals.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Remember the decals on the windows on the late sixties.
The ORIGINAL STP decal always comes to mind immediately
Remember any other correct style decals?

I want to go "period correct" with a few on my Newport.
The original "Smoking Woodpecker" is another one I want.

Got one with every can (yes, can, not bottle) of STP you bought.

$_57.JPG

Maybe not what you are looking for (and not 60's). This is the one I am putting on my 1969 CHP car, from 1979...

2014-07-12_010.jpg

Alan

Moon Eye's and MR.Horsepower. You can buy these decals and others at Auto Zone.

dm055.jpg
MrHorsepower1.jpg

dm055.jpg

MrHorsepower1.jpg

Personally for me no Stickers if they hadn't been on for decades already.
When putting period correct Stickers on, pleeze at least use the stuff your peddling with your sticker, like headers, "Scientifically Treated Petroleum" , or a Moon tach and caps or whatever. ;)

Remember the decals on the windows on the late sixties.
The ORIGINAL STP decal always comes to mind immediately

Remember any other correct style decals?.

Sounds like fun Stan. I never went in for stickers on my windows, but I liked them and so put a bunch in a scrapbook.

My collection.

stickers 1 (Large).jpg

stickers 2 (Large).jpg

stickers 4 (Large).jpg

stickers 5 (Large).jpg

stickers 6 (Large).jpg

stickers 7 (Large).jpg

stickers 8 (Large).jpg

stickers 9 (Large).jpg

stickers 10 (Large).jpg

stickers 11 (Large).jpg

Not '60s, 'cause I'm not that old, but this is the sticker I remember from my youth. I don't know if they got out of So Cal, but I used to think they were so cool (even if, as a 9-year-old, I didn't understand it).

$T2eC16ZHJGoE9nuQgjUjBROk251Qog~~60_1.JPG

They were related to a local radio station, KLOS:

036.jpg

It's probably not dignified enough for an Imperial. If I had an A- or B-body, (or even a C-body) I'd probably get the "too hip" sticker.

$T2eC16ZHJGoE9nuQgjUjBROk251Qog~~60_1.JPG

036.jpg

X2 Will that was a great walk down memory lane thanks. My Challenger had a Klos sticker on it when I bought it, the car must have done time in L.A. or at least north of San Diego I could never pick it up south of town where 32nd st. Base is at.

Not '60s, 'cause I'm not that old, but this is the sticker I remember from my youth. I don't know if they got out of So Cal, but I used to think they were so cool (even if, as a 9-year-old, I didn't understand it).

View attachment 35823

They were related to a local radio station, KLOS:

View attachment 35824

It's probably not dignified enough for an Imperial. If I had an A- or B-body, (or even a C-body) I'd probably get the "too hip" sticker.
I was never much of a KLOS person, KMET 94.7 and later KLSX 99.1 before it went easy listening.

Alan

I was never much of a KLOS person, KMET 94.7 and later KLSX 99.1 before it went easy listening.

Alan

I'm guessing you're a little older than me, and not just because I haven't switched to easy listening yet.

I was really into neither. I was more of a KROQ kind of kid, back before music became homogenous, and every station played the same stuff. I remember Rodney on the ROQ, and the crazy punk rock he played. I remember when "alternative" rock meant something out of the main stream.

For anyone who has seen the 80s punk rock documentary Decline of Western Civilization, I used to ride my bike past The Church where Black Flag lived on my way from school to go surfing every day.

But that doesn't mean I don't want a "Too Hip" sticker. Just not for the Imperial. Maybe my wife's 2003 Mazda wagon. Oh, the irony.

Wow!! Thanks to all of you but a huge thanks to Will for posting his collection.
Anybody else? Don't be shy about a favorite dacal. We all had them in the sixties. From W2 442's to Fairlane 6 cylinders.

I want my Newport to be the Newport back when. Not going or inappropriate garbage. I think 3 proper decals of that era just captures the essence of that era very tastefully.

I'm going with an STP decal and definitely a Thrush Woodpecker decal. I did have those on my cars. I need a third for the back window. When I see the right one I'll know it.

Posted via Topify on Android

Personally for me no Stickers if they hadn't been on for decades already.
When putting period correct Stickers on, pleeze at least use the stuff your peddling with your sticker, like headers, "Scientifically Treated Petroleum" , or a Moon tach and caps or whatever.
wink.png

Like I said, they will be absolutely "correct"! As the entire car will always be. No Lake Pipes. No fuzzy dice. I was there. I know that era. It's burned solidly in the pleasure slot in my brain. Wolf whistle? NO?! Too embarrassing when I look back. Lol

Posted via Topify on Android

Back