Post your 1960's window decals.

Wow!! Thanks to all of you but a huge thanks to Will for posting his collection.
Anybody else? Don't be shy about a favorite dacal. We all had them in the sixties. From W2 442's to Fairlane 6 cylinders.

I want my Newport to be the Newport back when. Not going or inappropriate garbage. I think 3 proper decals of that era just captures the essence of that era very tastefully.

I'm going with an STP decal and definitely a Thrush Woodpecker decal. I did have those on my cars. I need a third for the back window. When I see the right one I'll know it.

Posted via Topify on Android

images

MN1032.JPG

DA273C.jpg

mwVgZBDdfYTsRAimvTgujbw.jpg

mpnPhP-Zpwt969ssaNilgaA.jpg

Question: Did Chrysler put AirTemp decals on the window in 1967?

No idea but my 69 parts car has one.
Now Dodge once again saved 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 not putting them on the CHP cars.

Alan

Well, that's decal #3 then. On the right rear window. Even the purists can't argue against that one.

Purists will force you to find it as NOS rather than repop. ;)

My '67 has an "Autotemp" sticker, which would lead me to believe that the "Airtemp" sticker is correct for cars so equipped.

Well, that's decal #3 then. On the right rear window. Even the purists can't argue against that one.

Stan, it would seem that if your car is a factory A/C equipped car it would have a decal. I think Matt said his 67 Imperial has one on the back window even though his car dosen't have A/C.

Do you know what "TS" stands for in America?

I don't have the slightest idea. Urban dictionary came up with transsexual, but that makes no sense in this case. ;)

I think he's going for Tough ****

Haven't heard that used for quite a while though but was quite common when and where I was growing up

I think the airtemp or autotemp shouldn't count Stan. Go with one more
No. I'm a reserved and tasteful vintage revivalist. Not an attention *****. The decals are for me, not the people looking at BitterSweet at car shows.
STP, Left rear.
Thrush, on left lower corner rear window
AirTemp, Right rear

I coauthered the book on car appearance etiquette written by Will.
It is available on Amazon.

I respect your convictions and look forward to seeing bittersweet when you are done with your personalization Stan

I had a few of these on my street cars way back when. The NHRA version had ESTA Safety Park on the top. I couldn't find a copy of one of those.

$_35.JPG

rome.jpg

No. I'm a reserved and tasteful vintage revivalist. Not an attention *****. The decals are for me, not the people looking at BitterSweet at car shows.
STP, Left rear.
Thrush, on left lower corner rear window
AirTemp, Right rear

I coauthered the book on car appearance etiquette written by Will.
It is available on Amazon.

that's funny. lower left back glass is where i always put my thrush sticker too!

That's the natural spot for the first window sticker, the least disturbing spot when you look in the rear view mirror.
Our dd wears it's Volvo High Mileage Club sticker on the same spot.

BTW:
@Commando:
This came just to mind: I got a couple of original STP stickers from 1969 in two different sizes; let me know if I can help you out to go "all original" :)

I respect your convictions and look forward to seeing bittersweet when you are done with your personalization Stan
Thank YOU, Brian. Actually I'm all done with BitterSweet in general. The period correct decal thingie was just a ninor thing that popped up in my mind that races at 150 mph.
BitterSweet is where I want it, faults and all. The NYB is where I want it, with no faults (LOL).
My job is done here. I must go now...
A priceless collection of only two cars that I could only get $5K combined at a fire sale.
smiley-rolleyes007.gif

BTW:
@Commando:
This came just to mind: I got a couple of original STP stickers from 1969 in two different sizes; let me know if I can help you out to go "all original" :)
That is AWESOMELY kind of you. I WILL take it you up on it.
An original would be perfect. And goes perfectly with my way of think :)
Please PM me. I am in 33872 USA.
Thanks.

Thank YOU, Brian. Actually I'm all done with BitterSweet in general. The period correct decal thingie was just a ninor thing that popped up in my mind that races at 150 mph.
BitterSweet is where I want it, faults and all. The NYB is where I want it, with no faults (LOL).
My job is done here. I must go now...
A priceless collection of only two cars that I could only get $5K combined at a fire sale.
smiley-rolleyes007.gif

I just meant when the window stickers are on it ... geeesh emoticonbigsmile.gif

emoticonbigsmile.gif

Back