Poverty caps on my '66

If you were to put "poverty caps" on your MoPar, would you:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darth_linux

Reaction score
I've got 'em, but not sure if I should add trim rings or not, and paint the wheels body color or some other color.

I did not see an option for black stock rims so I just stated not to add trim rings. The build sheet confirmed the black painted wheels.

100_0411.JPG

Last edited:
If the car is a 4 door hard top or high trim then I would say no Dog dish. The white Fury is a proper dog dish look. Body colour is a good look. I think the factory stopped the body coloured wheels at the end of 71.

A vintage look calls for whitewalls, and body color wheels, trim rings dress things up nicely, especially on a dark colored wheel.......... let us know what you decide on.

I like the Dog Dish / Stock steel wheel black look on many cars but depends on the model of course .

1671324492402-png.572027

A vintage look calls for whitewalls, and body color wheels, trim rings dress things up nicely, especially on a dark colored wheel.......... let us know what you decide on.

My car is black, so "body colored" wheels are black also. I have white walls but I really dislike them, so I was thinking about turning the tires around for the white lettered look. Since the tires, wheels and car are all black I was considering trim rings just to break up the line between the wheels and tires, but it almost seems like overkill. I don't like trim rings WITH whitewalls. I might just go with white letters and dog dishes and call it good. Not sure . . .

My car is black, so "body colored" wheels are black also. I have white walls but I really dislike them, so I was thinking about turning the tires around for the white lettered look. Since the tires, wheels and car are all black I was considering trim rings just to break up the line between the wheels and tires, but it almost seems like overkill. I don't like trim rings WITH whitewalls. I might just go with white letters and dog dishes and call it good. Not sure . . .
Black wheel on blackwall tire...... to me........ works better with SOMETHING to break it up. Letters on the tires might do it, see how it looks to you - if something more is still needed, you can always add trim rings. I have also seen wheels painted to match the interior, works well on black cars, but you have to have a good contrasting interior color as well........different combinations work better on different year cars as well. I'd take a look at the Wheel Vintiques website - a lot of good ideas there....... hope this helps - go with what you like at the end of the day.......

Back