Power antenna on my '66 300

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of installing a power antenna, on the rear quarter panel, on my 300 for some time now. An aftermarket radio discussion spurred me to list this post. I personally like the clean look of the front fender without an antenna. I am in the middle of prepping the car for body and paint so this is the logical time to do it. I came across this antenna on ebay. It is just a modern antenna packaged for convenience, with everything I need to install in my car. http://www.ebay.com/itm/190774281912?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Is there any reason not to go with this antenna? I will probably eventually go with an aftermarket head unit mounted in the glove box, which would have a switched wire from the head to trip the power antenna, but for now would like the manual switch that is included for the factory AM.

I would try to source an OEM unit with the correct Map Light/Power Antenna dash mounted switch. These come up for sale from time to time and someone on the board may have on they are willing to part with.

I would try to source an OEM unit with the correct Map Light/Power Antenna dash mounted switch. These come up for sale from time to time and someone on the board may have on they are willing to part with.

Thanks, I wondered where the switch was located. I found a listing for just the switch, on e-bay that ends in about 5 hours. Right now it is listed at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Back