Power Door Locks

Knebel

Reaction score
I have a set of power door locks I want to put into my 68 Fury III 2 Door. They simply add to my security system and I have the wiring all sorted out and made a nice harness which just plugs into the security brain.

I have 3/8" grommets I would like to use to get the wires out of the interior and into the door without taking the door off. What is the best place to drill a hole and feed the wires through? And has anyone done this before? I eventually also want to add a power trunk popper!

I added power locks to my car. I used a Spal actuator and used the stock door panel holes to bolt it in place. I ran the wires in through the existing harnesses going to the door for the power windows.

If you don't have the windows, you should be able to figure out where they were supposed to be and drill the holes in those spots. You may be able to get a right angle head drill in the jamb, but that's something I can't tell you.

I also used an electric trunk latch from a 78 and up car. They look like this and bolt right in. You will need to use a relay for your security system. These are some that were for sale here a while ago.

picture-3760-jpg.90752

Got the drivers side done. There was actually no problem getting a small hole in the door/jamb other than my 3/8 drill bit splitting in half. Its too rainy now to do the other side and im working in a parking lot.

Back