Power Steering Leak

rhartsoe

Reaction score
I replaced the valve control on my power steering of my 66 300 with a used one. Now it is leaking like crazy. I used the O rings from an assortment I have and I am assuming they are too thin or not correct in some way. When I loosen it up to adjust the steering then retighten, it will leak. If I tighten it to stop the leak, the steering locks up so I am assuming I am over tightening. I have never worked on power steering before so i am a novice. This was a one owner car and only has 58000 miles after I drove it from Seattle, thru Canada and to NC mountains without any problems except the leak which was mild. I found a crack in the control valve and found a used one for it but haven't been able to keep it from leaking since.
Is there a place I can get the correct O rings? Any other suggestions. Love my 300 and want to drive it 12 miles every time I can afford a gallon of gas.
Robert
383 4bl with duals, auto, no air
PS: Do they make a mattress that will fit the trunk, you can fit 4 people in it (or 6 if they are dead)

You can try and look at ROCKAUTO.COM They have alot of parts for our cars on there. Well especially if it deals with the engine compartment.

Just replace the pump...if you ask me.

Sounds like the car is a runner if your drove it that far, hate to see the gas bill for that cruise:)

Back