Power steering pump Replace or rebuild?

mag162

Reaction score
67 Fury wagon AC car that has the Federal style pump. I can’t find a rebuild kit. What are my replacement options besides roach auto?

We have local rebuilders in our area, which suggests you should be able to find one where you are. Talk to a local steering shop about whom they would use to rebuild.

You should be able to get something from Napa or another auto parts chain

67 Fury wagon AC car that has the Federal style pump. I can’t find a rebuild kit. What are my replacement options besides roach auto?
I'm not sure if this is the right kit for your car, but here is the Gates kit for my '70 at Amazon. I bought it from Rock Auto (it was cheaper and I was ordering other stuff) , but the same stuff is often available elsewhere. I often figure out a part number with RA, then go shopping on eBay or better yet, Amazon Prime.

https://smile.amazon.com/Gates-3511...=GATES+351170&qid=1567959336&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I thought mine needed a full rebuild but it turned out to just be the large and small O rings that seal the body to the pump...I bought the above kit as well...easy change out. Just something to look into unless you KNOW yours is toast.

I got a rebuilt one from Lares through Rock Auto. I didn't have time to rebuild it, needed plug n' play and zero downtime, otherwise I would have replaced the seals myself.
Unfortunately, for the Federal pumps w/ reservoir, they required a $500 deposit until the core was returned. So that inspired me to install it as soon as the UPS truck dropped it off!

Back