Power window lubricant

Imperial dude

Reaction score
I finally got a couple of the power windows working in my 64 Imperial, now time to take it all back apart, clean and lubricate the motors and slides
What does a everyone suggest? White lithium, good ole bearing grease, or something else?
Thanks in advance

I finally got a couple of the power windows working in my 64 Imperial, now time to take it all back apart, clean and lubricate the motors and slides
What does a everyone suggest? White lithium, good ole bearing grease, or something else?
Thanks in advance

Factory used white lithium.

Dave

Just don’t use white lithium in a can it hardens up after a few years and causes problems.

I use red wheel bearing grease from a grease gun tube on the gears and exposed parts. And then spray lube for hard to reach places.

Thanks in advance

After I repaired my power windows, I lubed the tracks, gears and rollers with disc brake caliper pin lube. Everything works nice and smooth.

Thinking a little out of the box here, has anyone used any gun oils like CLP?

Back