Power window motor interchanges

SGT FURY

Reaction score
I have a 61 Fury with power windows. I haven't been able to test them yet as the car has been sitting for years and I don't have the keys.
Just wondering as to which generations of PW motors interchange with 61s

I don’t know the answer to that Ken but they’re most certainly 12 volt so you can just jumper straight from a good battery. I would in this case first remove them and disassemble the gear cover to make sure there they are allowed to spin freely if they do still work. You could perhaps fry them if you put power to them and there’s to much resistance from glass and regulators that haven moved in years.

A wild guess off the top of my head would be either 1957 to 1964 or 1960 to 1964, along with 1965 and 1966 Imperial. I'm guessing that you have the style of motors that are dipped in rubber after they are assembled.

If you are relatively handy, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to freshen up the motors yourself. They usually respond well to a good cleaning, polishing of the commutator, and fresh grease. Sometimes you will come across a motor that got water inside and it'll be a rusty mess. Ones like that will need to be replaced.

Jeff

Back