POWER WINDOW MOTOR

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking for LH and RH rear power window motors for a 68 Chrysler New Yorker, i know they used these motors over a number of years and vehicles including GM.
I would like info on where i can buy new or rebuilt.
Thanks again everyone....

Those Dorman motors that rexus31 has referenced have very recently changed in terms of suppliers. The ones that used to be available will directly mount up to the old regulators, but the new ones will require spacers or small washers to mount them now. The old Dorman parts that rexus31 used to be able to get were made in Korea, but the new ones available now are made in China, and they have changed. The old Korean units would just mount right up, but the new ones need some washers/spacers to be able to correctly mount them to the regulators now. The Korean ones had a record of very durable performance so the only available new ones now made in China will have to be proven to be just as good. We will see............................................................

I called Dorman to explain the new mounting issue, and honestly, they couldn't have cared less. Their tech rep was useless and wouldn't allow me to talk with their design department. So I just mount them up with spacers. No big deal I guess, just symtomatic of the world we live in these days. Change good suppliers for cheaper ones.

Dorman makes a lot of products that no one else does or has, but some of it is junk. I have had issues with some of their products. If your original motors can be repaired I would go that route. I have had poor luck with anything plastic they make and their cable window regulators for newer cars.

Dorman makes a lot of products that no one else does or has, but some of it is junk. I have had issues with some of their products. If your original motors can be repaired I would go that route. I have had poor luck with anything plastic they make and their cable window regulators for newer cars.
That’s why I always fix em if the motor part is still good.

Hi Guys,
I have had my auto elec guy go through my rear door motors, they are now working fine.
Only issue is they really struggle going up and down from the switch, but when i put direct 12v to the motors they work really well up or down.
My guy is saying its a voltage drop to the rear motors? front work very well, what's your thoughts on this issue.
Thankyou everyone who lends time and knowledge on my little issues.
Very much appreciated.
Gavin.

By the way....Great website Matt! Very impressive:thumbsup: @detmatt

Congrats!
Thanks, I’ve had the site for 6 or 7 years just finally had it redone. I have a lot to add to the portfolio as soon as I get around having some decent pics taken.

Hi Guys,
I have had my auto elec guy go through my rear door motors, they are now working fine.
Only issue is they really struggle going up and down from the switch, but when i put direct 12v to the motors they work really well up or down.
My guy is saying its a voltage drop to the rear motors? front work very well, what's your thoughts on this issue.

If the switch works and the motor runs free then mechanical resistance could be the issue. A good cleaning and lube of the glass run channels and lift mechanism may be in order.

Back