Power window switch 73 Imperial

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
All was well with TB73 after the windshield install, went for some photos at the local park. When I returned to garage I noticed the left rear window switch was loose in it's mount. A reminder that it never ends.
This is the front drivers door 5 gang switch module.
Any input on a repair, parts or a replacement 5 gang switch module would be very helpful.
part #2926312
Thanks.

IMG_2873.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks to me that the loose switch has some prongs broken off it. Had that happen to mine as well so I'll call it a common problem. Unfortunately those are two small to properly fix so you'll have to get another switch handle. Also, there is a good chance that you lost the "springs" of that switch if you've held the switch body upside down several times.

The internals do look good as well as the backside so I'm betting all you need is a handle.

Edit. Happened to have one lying around. The rows of three hold it in place, if the middle breaks it won't sit in the housing right and if the outer break the switch won't return to the middle as crisp, feel flimsy even
20230124_183139.jpg

Last edited:
Those switch panels look great, but I have a 5 gang. 4 doors and door lock.
Thank you on the links and info. I have put a call in to National Moparts, they are having a look in stock. Will let me know shortly.

Those switch panels look great, but I have a 5 gang. 4 doors and door lock.
Thank you on the links and info. I have put a call in to National Moparts, they are having a look in stock. Will let me know shortly.
If that doesn't pan out I can rebuild yours.

Feel free to send me a pm

Devin

I have a hard time finding one of these chrome toggle switches. Are these not being reproduced ? Anyone knowing a source ? I just need the chrome part, if that's a separate part at all

20230124_183139.jpg

Mike

I have a hard time finding one of these chrome toggle switches. Are these not being reproduced ? Anyone knowing a source ? I just need the chrome part, if that's a separate part at all

View attachment 594331

Mike
I will have a look at my broken switch. I might have one for you. Can the chrome be separated from the black plastic?

If you really don't mind to spare one, I'd be more than pleased :D. Have not yet startet to disassemble, so IDK.

View attachment 594331

Mike
If your chrome 'toggle' is missing then chances are it is because the lower part (pictured) has cracked open. Almost any used one will do the same thing while trying to remove it from the switch body. Tight fit and very brittle plastic.

In my case just the upper portion broke off. I am just wondering that nobody seems to make them, guessing that these were used on lots of other Mopars as well. Mhh, maybe not

Back