For Sale Power window switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-sons-64-300

Reaction score
Contact seller
Any tricks to getting these switches off the door panel without damageing the business? I’m trying to pull the panels completely to get at the motor etc.

606B20DD-0EC3-472C-B948-2428590BE7B5.jpeg

2FB9D6A5-250A-42F6-B377-91019F6DC7D0.jpeg

There should be spring clips on both sides (2 per side) of the switch. I recommend using a plastic trim removal tool to wedge between the switch and the panel (front side) while pulling out on the switch to compress the spring clips and remove.

Don't try to get at them from the front or you risk damaging your door panel. From the back, using a flat head screw driver, carefully (o so carefully) push the two black spring clips on either side of the switch near the corners while pushing the switch out - the switch should come out.

Don't try to get at them from the front or you risk damaging your door panel. From the back, using a flat head screw driver, carefully (o so carefully) push the two black spring clips on either side of the switch near the corners while pushing the switch out - the switch should come out.

Ross, I've hod zero issue pulling my switches as outlined in my post.

Agreed - same with me, but it looks to me from the pic like he's got the panels off the doors and it's safer from the back. Just trying to minimize disaster potential!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back