pre 65 option codes/dealer order forms/ broadcast sheet

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
anyone have a source for pre 1965 option codes ?
im looking for the 2 digit alpha numeric option codes used on imperial body tags.
alpha above, numeric below
it might help if i could find a dealer order form or could see a broadcast sheet, preferably 1964 so i can see how they correspond to the 3 digit codes used on other mopars.
tx,
mark

20180526_002849.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like I ran across those earlier codes on a '64 Dodge/Plymouth restoration website? Roger Gibson's website, possibly?

CBODY67

Chrysler Corporation basically used the same sales codes for all makes. Imperials had some unique options and thus those sales codes were not used by the other cars. But basically the sales code book for a Chrysler will work on an Imperial. Codes changed from year to year as options were added or dropped.

Imperials were built at the East Jefferson Avenue plant along with Chryslers and Dodge 880s. Thus their body tags would be the same. Someone who has a Chrysler or Dodge 880 from East Jefferson and decoded the tag could help you with yours. I have never heard of a decode book for the body tags produced by Chrysler as the tag seems to be basically for use on the assembly line.

For the tag you have -

S O Number - Shipping Order Number :
1224 - Scheduled Build Date - December 24, 1963
0093 - 93rd car scheduled to be built December 24, 1963

BDY - 922 - Body Number -
9 - Imperial
2 - Crown
2 - 2 door hardtop

TRM - M9R - Interior Trim -
M - Trim Grade - Medium - Bench seat
9 - Upholstery - Leather
R - Colour - Red

PNT - Paint Colour
W - Roof Colour - Persian White
W - Body Colour - Persian White

For the letters, I know only three for the East Jefferson plant -
A - 5 - Transmission - 345 - Torqueflite
H - 7 - Radio - 367 - Golden Touch Tuner with rear seat speaker
K - 1 - Heater /A/C - 381 - Air Conditioning with Heater / Defroster

tx bill, got that info.
did you not get the info i emailed you off list ?
mark

not sure which site you mean,
i have seen some 64 dodge/plymouth sites but again, the results dont have or match up with the 64 imperial options,
tx mark

Seems like I ran across those earlier codes on a '64 Dodge/Plymouth restoration website? Roger Gibson's website, possibly?

CBODY67

The Plymouth/Dodge option codes might not completely match up with the Imperial codes, BUT there is some similarity in what goes with the letters, in some cases. Possibly enough so that if you know what options got with which letters, you might be able to compare with what your Imperial has on it for a little closer determination of what's on the plate. There were some "Imperial only" options which didn't appear on the lower-level Plymouths and Dodges. But watching the option code progressions might lead to what you desire.

CBODY67

yes as ive said there is some similarity but not enough to help much and that is the purpose of my post.
chrysler codes will be prob more helpful than plymouth/dodge.
unfortunately its not just a question of matching up other letters with the codes.
the letters can change more for imps than the other brands.
tx mark

Back