Pretty yellow NYB.... Not for sale, just to look at.

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
I came across these pics last night while looking for something else. I really like this '76 or '77 NYB. Pics were taken at NCPC national meet in Lahaska, PA 2011. Anyone here own this?

DSC03828.JPG

DSC03829.JPG

DSC03783.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

Jeff

My father bought a new 74 New Yorker in that same color, white vinyl top, and a very plush dark burgundy interior. Everybody in the family thought it was absolutely beautiful ..... except my mother, who would have driven it daily.
She refused to drive it, hated the color.
It sat in the garage for three weeks and never turned a wheel. My father ended up taking it back to the dealer, and traded it on a 74 Imperial 4dr, Chestnut metallic, tan top, and brown striped cloth interior. That one met her approval. I missed out on the chance to buy the Imperial back about 8 years ago. It was still in very good condition, and being offered at an estate auction.
Still kick myself for that. The only thing I have of that car is the window sticker, and a couple pictures.

I'm a banana guy all the way....this one looks a tad darker than the DY2 on the '73 NYB.

I especially enjoyed seeing the pristine underside of the hood on this one.

As stated by “Duncan”, the car looks delicious.. i’ve never seen that color before. I like it a lot. Maybe now that it’s been exposed someone will be able to dig up some other pictures and more details

I wish that I had stopped and talked to the owner at the time, but I think the first time I looked at it no one was around, and then the second time that I stopped by and took more pics we were on our way out and I didn't have time to chat. Also, I should have taken underhood and interior pics. I think it was a 400 powered car, and the carpets and dash are tan, with the white leather seats. I love the yellow and white. I think that I've seen one more in this color combo sometime in the past.

That was a really good show, back before NCPC started to implode. I should probably put up some more pics from the show, as there were some really nice cars in attendance.

Back