Professional pic of my silver '67!

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hired a web designer to do my new site for my business. I had to hire a photographer to take pics of my work at several clients houses so I had him get a pic of my Imp. If I do say so myself, that is one fine looking automobile isn't?

image.jpg

The styling is the textbook example of Classic Styling that will stand the test of time.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Thanks gents, I agree.

How does it feel to drive that car? Its not like any old car, its a old money car.

How does it feel to drive that car? Its not like any old car, its a old money car.

It's a real pleasure to drive. Since this is my first big body Chrysler I'm still new to the reactions that I get with the car. It gets a lot of looks, smiles and a few people verbalize there appreciation for it. Those that do verbalize generally look as though they could have bought one of these new. I feel lucky and honored to be able to own this car. That being said, as far as driveability? Let's just say that since it was parked for 5 or 6 years and then I just started to drive it, the seemingly minor creeks, groans and clunks that it had going over the road in the spring have gotten worse and it's probably a good thing that the season's almost over. It's time to tear it down and rebuild the front and rear suspension and the distributer needs a rebuild as it misses and hesitates under acceleration and I feel that is due to excessive wear. I will also probably pull the heads and inspect the timing chain for slop. I may just have an extra set of 915s I have rebuilt and do a swap. I do know that I have no valve seals left and I don't know how it doesn't smoke very much. Still have a lot of electrical gremlins to work out as well.
I hope I answered your question, I may have gone off on a tangent.

Post pictures please. You probably have 915 heads on it. I would like to know if you have the 1.60 or 1.74 exhaust valves in it.

It's a real pleasure to drive. Since this is my first big body Chrysler I'm still new to the reactions that I get with the car. It gets a lot of looks, smiles and a few people verbalize there appreciation for it. Those that do verbalize generally look as though they could have bought one of these new. I feel lucky and honored to be able to own this car. That being said, as far as driveability? Let's just say that since it was parked for 5 or 6 years and then I just started to drive it, the seemingly minor creeks, groans and clunks that it had going over the road in the spring have gotten worse and it's probably a good thing that the season's almost over. It's time to tear it down and rebuild the front and rear suspension and the distributer needs a rebuild as it misses and hesitates under acceleration and I feel that is due to excessive wear. I will also probably pull the heads and inspect the timing chain for slop. I may just have an extra set of 915s I have rebuilt and do a swap. I do know that I have no valve seals left and I don't know how it doesn't smoke very much. Still have a lot of electrical gremlins to work out as well.
I hope I answered your question, I may have gone off on a tangent.

Matt, I can't wait to see it at Carlisle!

Ok, ok, I'll bring it, I promise!

Post pictures please. You probably have 915 heads on it. I would like to know if you have the 1.60 or 1.74 exhaust valves in it.
Actually the heads that are on it aren't 915s, I can't remember the number but its the same casting with a different part #. Small exhaust valves like the non hp 915s. I have both versions of the 915, the HPs are going on the 383 for my '68 RR and I'm having the bigger valves put in the other which I could just swap out on the Imp. Have the originals rebuilt with the bigger valves at my leisure.

There are considerably more casting #s then that, those are just the highlights. G.Gs part # books tell the whole story.

Does it tell the whole story or just what he wants told? Or what he knows or thinks he knows?

I know Galen personally as he's been close to several guys in the car club for a lot of years now. I have no negative experiences with him personally and I know exactly where all the info that was used to compile his White Books came from. The 2 books that are all part numbers are incredibly detailed and imformative. The heads on the Imp are either the 2406516 or the 2406158 but notice they have the same part # as the 915 casting.

IMG_0155_1.jpg

Back