Progression Ignition Distributor

65Fury440

Reaction score
So thanks to Paypal credit and 6 months no interest, I pulled the trigger on one of these.

https://progressionignition.com/shop/ols/products/chrysler-413440-v8-small-cap-distributor

The only thing I have ever had on my cars was stock, a Mallory dual point, or the standard MP distributor that everyone has had at one time or another.

The MP works fine for just driving around, but every once in a while while racing, I'd get some breaking up at high RPMS, not bad, but I could feel it was off.

These connect to Bluetooth, and let you set a timing table, as well as regulate vacuum advance total and a curve as well. Will be helpful as I can set up 2 tunes, one for track and one for street.

One other feature they have is a coded kill switch. We just had 2 asswipes going around targeting and stealing classic cars, so that gives a guy a little more feeling of assurance.
Police: 25 classic cars stolen, stripped at south St. Petersburg chop shop; two arrested

The company seems on the ball, spoke to a couple different guys there about my application, they feel its good to 8k rpm, so hopefully that's accurate. If not, it will be going back.

The company is giving a 10% COVID discount, if anyone else is feeling like they want to try one.

Interesting concept! Where's the MAP sensor mount?

Thanks,
CBODY67

Back in the '80s, when the Camaro/Corvette TPI induction systems were being installed on street rods, they'd use the MAP sensor to gauge "load", in the absence of a throttle position sensor.

In this case, with some software programs, the MAP's "map" will vary the total timing as the vac advance would similarly increase and decrease. Multi-strike and knock sensors would complete the package, but for what additional cost?

IF they'd put their current "guts" on a board that'd fit into a normal Chrysler distributor, would be a good way to modernize an ELB system with a TQ-look Street Demon. Then market it as a drop-in item, at a lower purchase price, incognito upgrade?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back