Project Delmae License Plates

Walter Joy

Reaction score
529B38DF-EC6B-47BB-9801-F6189E4C5493.jpeg
361AB5B1-7BFF-4FEB-8D2F-81FD43927CDE.jpeg
For a while now I had been thinking about what to do about plates for my 1971 Polara. Whether to get historics or find 1971 plates for it. Well my answer came a few nights ago when I was in one of the sheds and found these: the original license plates to the car. Just something fun and cool that everyone would get a kick out of

Very cool. I still have the license plate from my dad's 68 Fury III sedan. I took it off of the car at the dealership (the one pictured in my avatar) with tears in my eyes as I was hoping to learn to drive on that car. I also took the Fury III fender badges off of it and the right side one is on my Fury. A small part of his Fury lives on.

That's cool!! I've been searching for a set '66 Wisconsin plates for our Newport.

We're lucky in PA because they only used a rear plate so we only need to find one plate. I've got a period correct plate for my Fury that I had restored. I found this online but it's not a match set, they only have one. Apparently Wisconsin, like PA and most other states used the same plate for a number of years.

Wisconsin License Plates for Sale - The Tag Dr. Store

upload_2019-5-16_5-34-20.png

Back