PS23K8D191537 04/09/1968 W. H. Humphreys

20180106_181334.jpg
just test fitting all 6 relays... everything is still loose. hope this box is large enough. the big honking relay (#3 from left) is what cold-case radiators supplies in their fan install wiring kit - note the waterproof boot. good stuff maynard.

stardate 0U812.011318: engine compartment wiring harness R&R + upgrade complete:
20180113_130601.jpg

added 6 qty relays in the tan box:
relays for lo / hi beam headlamps
fan relay
fuel pump relay
wolo horn relay
spare relay for future use
added elec. dist orange box into harness.
added 10ga. lead wire w/30A fused going into cabin area for accessories like USB, stereo, charging ports, etc.
nacho ammeter bypass wired into harness
new fusible links into harness.
replaced melted bulkhead connector and ran bypass wire thru to complete the RED/BLK wiring at ammeter.
new starter cable / new + battery terminal
wired oil pressure kill switch into harness
wired fan thermoswitch into harness
wired fuel pump wiring into harness
remote wire for fuel pump @ dash
remote wire for wolo horn at dash

I left the very tail unwrapped still as I do not know the final position of the stuff I added - oil pressure kill switch and fan thermosensor... still a few open wires at the end

I have a complete drum brake setup to get you away from the budd disc brakes. With that you can install your aftermarket eci brakes

I appreciate it brodawg, but the white car will come apart and that whole front end is going over here. you need another parts car yet?

so I have a budd disc brake setup I wanna get rid of - lower arms, upper arms, spindles, rotors, calipers.

I'm keepin the booster and the other parts.

Shoot me a pm.

I appreciate it brodawg, but the white car will come apart and that whole front end is going over here. you need another parts car yet?

so I have a budd disc brake setup I wanna get rid of - lower arms, upper arms, spindles, rotors, calipers.

I'm keepin the booster and the other parts.

Shoot me a pm.

for surely. I need a good reason to go down that way :)

on these brakes - the car has front disc factory. it has a combo valve front / rear - and also a front-only left / right lookin valve.

20171022_141435.jpg
that's the front disc valve.. the other one is under the booster area @frame, the usual looking combo valve.

My Question: are these things rebuildable? soakable in some magic fluid and reuseable??

or do I just buy new ones?

so here are the transmission lines and cooler:
20180121_160730.jpg

whats my move here? the cold case radiator has ports for transmission lines, but this was all on the car when I got it.

so here are the transmission lines and cooler:
View attachment 163784
whats my move here? the cold case radiator has ports for transmission lines, but this was all on the car when I got it.

My guess is that cooler was added at some point. Either that or it was tossed back in after the Ac evaporator was removed. To me, it does not look like what I would expect to be a stock item. It does not have a frame for any proper mounting.
My recall is it was just laying loose behind the grill.

stardate 0U812.012418 - mecca lecca hi mecca hiney ho -

dropped off the 727 with good ol jeff at plano transmissions, for the once over.

told him all H.D. parts, transgo shift kit, 2100 stall converter.

should do the job.

- saylor. out.

spent all morning drilling out rusted cowl screws only to be defeated by the wiper arms...

what'd Horvath say? 1 step forward??

I tried prying with a blade for a bit, didn't like it, and ordered the tool.

when I got tired of breaking drill bits on cowl screws, I went for a long drive in the other fury. its good to have two.

spent all morning drilling out rusted cowl screws only to be defeated by the wiper arms...

what'd Horvath say? 1 step forward??

I tried prying with a blade for a bit, didn't like it, and ordered the tool.

when I got tired of breaking drill bits on cowl screws, I went for a long drive in the other fury. its good to have two.

I did the cowl screw boogie last week, broke a drill bit and shoved it through my left thumb nail. The prescribed 30 mile cruise got the Tourrets back under control. It's good to have a runner.

Thanks for documenting, relays look like a good way to reduce resistance in the headlight circuit.. The only non functional item my Fury will get is purple halo lights. The wife likes them.

Keep up the good work, Try not to fry.

re: headlight relays -

I dunno if I previously mentioned it ^^ or not but all you have to do is cut into the HI / LO wires with your relay - it was pretty easy. one relay for each wire. on the wires you cut - the side coming from the cabin / foot switch is your '86' trigger wire on the relay and 87 out is the other end of where you cut the wire - just put it right back onto 87 and blam.

the headlight relay 'kit' you can buy plugs into the actual socket so no cutting into wires at all. very clean solution.

hey! I got the windshield wipers removed, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth. the cheap tool is worthless, 2 screwdrivers is your huckleberry. push the tong with one blade and pry up the end of the wiper arm at the base with the other blade. once it comes up a smidge the tong will be kicked out and you and pry up the rest of the way.

20180225_144658.jpg

underneath the cowl, evil lurks
20180225_144718.jpg

and moss. from Oregon. heh. and pine needles. so many pine needles. no s hrooms yet ill let you know.

and while it was raining down in texas, I found out how not skilled I am at detailing. I pookeyed all the cracks and broken corners, then blacked this thing out in semi gloss.
20180224_163557.jpg

then I got argent silver or close facsimile thereof, and more blue t ape. I should have got frog tape the blue tape bled in spots. get frog tape next time don't be cheap.
20180224_172202.jpg

20180224_182041.jpg

Back