PS23K8D191537 04/09/1968 W. H. Humphreys

20180428_181545.jpg

re: transmission. i gotta go up to the shop and see about it actually. im sure its in good repair. but i told dude to take his time so i have not followed up about it. its a shop that both horvath and i use, so i just told him 'here ill be back later for it' and really didnt even sweat it, and he hasnt called me to say its ready lol. im sure its all good!

I had illegals living under the back seat. they are now evicted. I dunno if they were from OR or TX. one of them had flip flops on and a beardneck

20180429_104932.jpg

I had illegals living under the back seat. they are now evicted. I dunno if they were from OR or TX. one of them had flip flops on and a beardneck

View attachment 182405

That back seat was illegal free a couple of days before the car left here.:) cause that's when I put the seats back in.
The fury could have been a party car on the transport. Imagine the trauma of critters on a trip like that and waking up in Texas in a strange car.-EEk

i got an attack cat their days are numbered.

anyone - any advice on getting the A/C unit out from under the dash? i cant make it let go and i undid everything i could find.

the book seems kinda light - any good reference pg?

thanks -

- saylor

440 water pump

so I smuggled a water pump out of the summit stockroom. and it totally was not the same size as what I removed from the stock motor, so I went to advance and got their version:
20180528_094426.jpg

20180528_094503.jpg
all 3 of them are different height.

and all 3 have very different cavities underneath. summit / carquest / stock:
20180528_094702.jpg

the summit has a plate, and open cavity underneath.
the carquest has no plate, and open cavity.
the stock has some ribs inside the cavity.

both the summit and carquest version are noticeably heavier.

when holding the mount surfaces even with each other, the pulley wheel is about 'correct' compared to stock, but the fans will sit way deeper in the housing.

if it fits, we good?

whats my move?

I wouldn't bother with it but was the gasket made in China? Better goop it up if it was to be on the safe side. You going to paint the engine? (What color?)

There's a certain beauty to a freshly painted, stock appearing engine that's pleasing to the eye and soul.

that's probably the best compliment so far, thanks friend. I guess I done good huh? :)

it sure is sexah lookin. 2 cans of spray bomb VHT Carolina blue / early Chrysler blue. I POR-15d all the brackets pulleys and supports that will go on here. VHT silver exhaust paint on the log manifolds - we will see how long that lasts..

I got to get working on this beast. I don't know how to get the A/C assembly out from under the dash, and that slowed me down work-wise.
Money-wise I recently had to help out a relative in a large way, and all my play money is gone right now.

cant take it with me, but id like to drive it once or twice :)

- saylor

got muh boat anchor back today:
20180630_153804.jpg
20180630_153821.jpg
20180630_153848.jpg

jeff at plano transmissions comes through again. if you are anywhere near DFW this is your shop for your chrysler 727 (he loves fomoco also) transmissions.
transgo stage 2 kit
all hd everything / all USA made where possible parts
2200 stall converter
full rebuild.
$950 out the door.

all day long baby

is there an oily wick in the 1968 (fury) speedometer that needs to be oiled?

pic related, but not a fury speedo . . . .

OilHole20600h450.jpg

tap tap tap . . .this thing on?

anyone have an idea on how to change this bearing in this idler wheel?

440 idler pulley
20180705_192523.jpg
20171111_133034.jpg

Saylor: I think yer gonna need a new idler pulley.

Don't get me started on the stamped metal idler pulley's, when I did the cam belt on mom's Reliant the idler was singing, couldn't pop the seals off the bearing and clean & re-lube the bearing like I did on the alternator, soooo call local dealer, no got, contemplate drilling out spot welds to get at bearing, (now where was my rivet collection) nope, hit phone and find one at dealer 2 towns away, get someone with brains on phone and let'em know who I was and wanted 'Jobber' price, go to fetch and counter guy want's list ($90) make noise to get guy in office to come out and give me agreed on price. Ask for brushes for alternator, no got, they just replace whole alternator and that's $250, guy in office reminds me of re-builder shop on way back home that I had dealings with many years before, stopped there and got 2 sets @ $1.50 each, end of day job is all done and mom is happy!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back