Pulling up Stakes & moving to new stomping grounds

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
In light of a number of life changing events, we are pulling up stakes and headed to Nova Scotia.

It's based mostly on family moving out to NS & economic reasons as well to slow the bleeding financially for us with me being on disability for the past 1 or so with no real solid possibility of returning to permanent active employment any time soon.

We finally settled on a place near family(grand kids) allowing for room for friends & family from where ever they might travel from once this Co-Vid thing is history.

It's a 3+2 bedroom house with a lot of room to swing a cat in.:lol:
Nice thing is that this place is in great condition do there are no major upgrades required other than some yard maintenance.
Also has a nice 20' x 30' garage to store the convertible in as well with a good bit of elbow room.
My wrenching days are done unless I receive a miracle so this is really a storage room for my car & tools... but it's a nice storage room LOL!

I'll post pics of the garage once we get possession.
With CoVid, the seller doesn't want us in the house more than needed & stated in the sale of property that we couldn't do the typical walk through's

I've already connected with a few local Mopar guys that are offering to assist as needed.

People are so friendly here for the most part.

Move in date is mid May.

Real tense part for me is getting people to pack my garage and not forget anything behind...

We're holed up here in Nova Scotia with no plans to return in the immediate future.

It's amazing how many offers I have had to drive the Polara out from Ontario once the warm weather gets here.:p

1.jpg
2.jpg
7.jpg
25.jpg

Congratulations on the new house. It looks huge! I will miss running into you at car shows but I'm sure they will have plenty going on in NS once the weather warms up. Also hope that your health issues get sorted out soon. I trust you will be staying in touch here on FCBO.

Congratulations! That looks like a great house. My brother in law just got his dream job, working at the Irving's new shipyard in Halifax. I'm going to miss seeing my niece and nephew all the time. However it gives me an excuse to head out there. They're having a heck of a time trying to sell their house in Edmonton. Have you sold yours in Welland?

Congratulations on the new house. It looks huge! I will miss running into you at car shows but I'm sure they will have plenty going on in NS once the weather warms up. Also hope that your health issues get sorted out soon. I trust you will be staying in touch here on FCBO.

Thanks Fred. Will miss the local group of guys for sure.

I will be keeping in touch here. this is what helps to keep me from going crazy LOL!
The house is 1400sq ft on the main level and another 1400 down below.

I plan to make a storage room adjacent to the garage into a storage area leading straight into the garage.
That will add another 10x13 sq ft to the garage usable area

Last edited:
Congratulations! That looks like a great house. My brother in law just got his dream job, working at the Irving's new shipyard in Halifax. I'm going to miss seeing my niece and nephew all the time. However it gives me an excuse to head out there. They're having a heck of a time trying to sell their house in Edmonton. Have you sold yours in Welland?
Yes, we sold before heading out this way.
Had a bidding war and came out ahead of asking by close to $10k with next to no conditions.

The young couple are both classic car people and are stoked to get working in the garage

We close at the end of May.

Yes, we sold before heading out this way.
Had a bidding war and came out ahead of asking by close to $10k with next to no conditions.

The young couple are both classic car people and are stoked to get working in the garage

We close at the end of May.

Wow! That's great. My sister and brother in law have already reduced their price to a point where they'll be losing 60,000$. Still no bites.

VERY nice home.... LOVE the kitchen, that island top is gorgeous.

Good luck with everything, I must have missed something along the way, I didn't see you were on disability.
:thumbsup:

Back