Pump You Up

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, we spend a lot of time and money here.
hans-and-franz-snl-dana-carvey-and-kevin-nealon-pump-you-up.jpg
20181019_161110 (1).jpg
20181019_161105 (1).jpg
20181019_161101 (1).jpg
20181019_161055 (1).jpg
20180930_094004 (1).jpg
20180930_161327 (1).jpg

I don't know why, but I always seem to overfill and spill a lot of gas on the concrete when filling the rear fuel fill! I just have to pay more attention. By the time the auto shut off kicks in I am spilling on the ground! I don't see a pubble around your cars!!!

I really like the non-oxy premium fuel - I want it!

Thanks for pointing out that you have that available back there and making me feel disadvantaged. Now besides traffic out here, lack of good fuel is the only other reason I can think of that is bad about this state.

100_6647.jpg

Oh, and your cars look great too. :D I can't keep straight just what you have anymore. You are worse than me! How many 2 doors are you going to get yet? You should at least have as many as the 4 doors it seems to me. :poke:

Question, do you have a preference for the 73 Imperials vs. the 72s (besides the bumper guards on the 73s) and why? I have my preference for a good reason, and I wondered whether you agree or not.

Last edited:
This is my station. It's $.17 a gallon cheaper than the suburbs. I'm in front of the Charger. Also we have entertainment.

gas-station-shooting-e1458573254715.jpg

Well, I love them equally...the 73's seem to ride smoother...I'm leaving the bumper guards on my 73 McGoldy for a little diversity...although the majority of forum members hate these... The 72-73 grill and taillights are different... But, equally attractive. I can't say no to another 2 door when the right one comes around...I am always looking to add to the herd with the right fit. The patina 73 4 door is my next project at the shop after McGoldy finishes up...probably take the majority of the winter. Driving them is extremely addictive.

I don't know why, but I always seem to overfill and spill a lot of gas on the concrete when filling the rear fuel fill! I just have to pay more attention. By the time the auto shut off kicks in I am spilling on the ground! I don't see a pubble around your cars!!!
Same with the fill on my 60 Imperial.
Today when doing its last fill before its winter rest I was careful not to pack in a couple of extra gallons.
Bumper and station tarmac stayed dry!

Last edited:
The cars look great! Probably get better fuel economy than many SUVs today!

CBODY67

Well, I love them equally...the 73's seem to ride smoother...I'm leaving the bumper guards on my 73 McGoldy for a little diversity...although the majority of forum members hate these... The 72-73 grill and taillights are different... But, equally attractive. I can't say no to another 2 door when the right one comes around...I am always looking to add to the herd with the right fit. The patina 73 4 door is my next project at the shop after McGoldy finishes up...probably take the majority of the winter. Driving them is extremely addictive.

The biggest difference to me is the 73s are significantly quieter driving down the highway, because they have more sound insulation - which contributes to a perception perhaps that they ride smoother as well. I have had both and the difference to me is distinct. But I also like the 73 front grille much better than the 72 - seems more like a luxury car than the more plain 72. The latter though, is just preference.

Was hoping to see all 3 cars there at once. Filling up my car it never spills on my, my 71 fury i uesd to own spilled all the time.
I have my ear tuned to know when it's going to click off

On some cars, the "gurgles" and hearing the rear leaf springs "settle" are indicators fullness is being approached.

CBODY67

I'm driving the coupe all weekend. Hoping nice weather continues.
LOL !!! Doc hunting big game at the watering hole. Awesome!!!

The very first pic I have of Jumbo my brother took at the gas station so we’d have some light on that very black night we picked it up. Once in the light he took a pic and said “ and that’s the last I’ll ever see of you...”, boy was he wrong!!!

6C13C715-A13F-40EE-9FB9-30ACC499E105.jpeg

14A95C2D-7362-4ACD-A3D0-FC141E6E740F.jpeg

Where you headed ??? Or just a Sunday drive on Saturday. We’re getting ready to go over the hill to the hot rod reunion at Famoso outside of Bakersfield. Just topped off the oil last nite.

BTW.
What do those giants get for mpg when you’re not feather footing it ?

Back