Purchased 1959 Dodge Coronet Lancer Coupe

paulie-62

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Quick story : I wanted to share my recent purchase on this forum I have been a B Body kinda guy all my life. But about 6 weeks ago I happened on a 1959 Dodge Coronet for sale on Facebook in New Jersey. Decent car but it had no floors. Maybe some of you had seen this ad. I immediately fell in love with this particular year Coronet. I wasn't even interested in buying another car at this time. It sold in a week to someone !! With no floors !
I began looking for a 1959 project car. Well, at the end of last week I just happened to punch in '1959 Dodge Coronet for sale on the internet' again ( almost daily) and there she was.
A car dealer in Wichita Kansas had one for sale. slightly over 79,000 miles and was stored in a garage for numerous years by the second owner on jack stands. New: fuel tank, all brake cylinders , rubber hoses and all around new whitewall tires. He is also putting in a new dual exhaust with a slight tone to them, not loud but you'll hear 'em (his words). She also has dealership A/C, (and yes it works but obviously needs a recharge, seals and changeover to R-134A) a 325 Red Ram poly engine ( 2 Bbl) and a 2 speed Powerflite automatic transmission. Everything works. Only problem was the passenger side brake cylinder froze up before I arrived, so he replaced that and put in a NEW axle, bearings and seal.

The car starts and runs like a dream. transmission, wipers horn lights everything works.
NO, I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP !! He is one very honest man with integrity and I believe I just got lucky .
The exterior paint is less than desirable and faded and the interior seats, steering wheel and carpet need replacing. Headliner is Mint
Only rust is in the passenger side trunk area and he has a FACTORY replacement trunk floor going with it. Floor is NOT rusted, just some surface.
Oh. I reinstalled the rear bumper while he went on an errand. He left me in his garage alone to reattach the Bumper !! No, not a DREAM . By the second day there we got along great.

So, after speaking with him and having him promise NOT to sell it before I got there I traveled over 23 hours from Long Island New York to Wichita Kansas. I now own her.

She is staying in Kansas until we move to Tennessee next year in a climate controlled garage. Yes we ran treated fuel through the system for storage.

Okay Enough talking. Here she is. I hope you all like what you see.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I am most impressed that the headliner is still in mint condition after all these years - that Coronet must have been stored inside most of its existence for that to be the case given the perforated hardboard that was used and for the car to be as rust free as it appears too. I also give credit to the seller for putting on some new whitewalls instead of just some cheap blackwalls. I see why you were excited by your find - really beautiful vehicle from all standpoints.

Well done!

Great car! I'm in NJ to and we plan on going to in a couple of years to live. I like seeing cars that aren't restored as you can look at it and think of the life it's had. I marvel at restored cars especially ones where parts are hard to find, and being human we always want to improve things.

Great find...rather surprised to see the original wheel covers...I'd have thought those would be long gone.

Great find...rather surprised to see the original wheel covers...I'd have thought those would be long gone.
As was I. These actually have the chrome center pieces that snap in place as well. I forget what he called them but looks like it was an added option.

Seems to be called the Deluxe 'Roulette Wheel Cover'. I love 'em.

Last edited:
Great buy, lovely car and seller by the sounds of it, all the best for lots of happy miles and smiles.
Thank you. Looking forward to those miles and smiles ! Unfortunately that doesn't happen until after we move and I fetch the 'Ol Gal.

Great car! I'm in NJ to and we plan on going to in a couple of years to live. I like seeing cars that aren't restored as you can look at it and think of the life it's had. I marvel at restored cars especially ones where parts are hard to find, and being human we always want to improve things.
Thank you.

59 Coronet 2 dr HT is one of my all time favorites... I just love the front end!

Congrats!

Very nice. I sold a 59 Coronet to a gentleman in NY last summer, but have extra parts (like tail light chrome and lenses, trunk chrome, etc) if needed.
Always loved 59 Dodges as true styling extremes done right.

Congrats on finding such a cool ride. The 59 Dodge's menacing look has been a favorite of the forward look era.
This nicely finished one was at a local car show. That car was sweeet!
59 Coronet.jpg
59 Coronet2.jpg

Back