Quality Restorations Inc.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this company for steering wheel restoration? Fixing the single crack in my steering wheel is very low on the priority list but I would be interested to know what it'd cost to have a new one cast. I did end up buying an extra column and wheel from "Boltupal". He's been offering up parts for sale here lately and is very reasonable. Anyway, I now have an extra wheel I could use as a core. I'm going to call these people for more info, I'm sure it won't be cheap!
http://www.qualityrestorations.com/chrysler.html

Not sure, but wasn't this the shop that did a white CHP steering wheel someone owner here recently mentioned ?

I just went to their website and saw this one they did.
I am OH SO getting one!!!
F*** you, Frank.

461_64-65_Chrysler_Imperial.jpg

I just went to their website and saw this one they did.
I am OH SO getting one!!!
F*** you, Frank.

461_64-65_Chrysler_Imperial.jpg

Not so fast Stan......did you read the fine print.....

It would still be worth making a call and see if they have a mold for 1976-1978 Formals.

We have molds for almost all Steering Wheels from 1937 through 1969, and we are always making new molds

Yes, Frank......

Not so fast Stan......did you read the fine print.....
Yes. I'm saying, letting them do my wheel but using the rim mold for that wheel. in that style. Ross would agree and say it's badass.

Last edited:
That would be another 1 of 1 NYB steering wheel with the clear perimeter mold and would look very cool!

I like it but it's not my taste. I have never liked anything but factory steering wheels. I've seen guys spend a bunch of money on em but it's not for me.

I like it but it's not my taste. I have never liked anything but factory steering wheels. I've seen guys spend a bunch of money on em but it's not for me.

Whattttt??? You completely re-arrange the interior of cars but have to have a stock steering wheel??? LOL!:poke:

Cant beat NOS

I'm not so sure......
An NOS wheel is still, (In my case), 52 years old. I wonder how the technoligy of the day is going to hold up when put into use.
I'm faced with ..... 1. buying an NOS wheel from our friend in Ga at $1561.61....
Or....2. recasting my wheel at $1600.00

If I buy the NOS wheel I will have a decent used one to sell and recoup some cost. BUT...... After a year will the NOS wheel still be in good shape.......?

I would go with the new technology for the same reasons Will is talking about. Having a steering wheel that is a half century could crack tomorrow. And especially with the inevitable 1976-1978 NYB steering wheels cracking.....I would definitely go with new technology that won't crack.

I'm not so sure......
An NOS wheel is still, (In my case), 52 years old. I wonder how the technoligy of the day is going to hold up when put into use.
I'm faced with ..... 1. buying an NOS wheel from our friend in Ga at $1561.61....
Or....2. recasting my wheel at $1600.00

If I buy the NOS wheel I will have a decent used one to sell and recoup some cost. BUT...... After a year will the NOS wheel still be in good shape.......?

NJ Motor Parts has a NOS one of my steering wheel. It has cracks from doing nothing. Pure age.

Quality Restorations recast my wheel and made the mold to cast my shift knob in the same, correct color. I think the total cost for both was around $1,000. He guarantees his stuff will not fade or crack for as long as you own the car. NOS is definitely not the way to go. I would imagine a 50 year old wheel would crack in the first heat cycle.

Before:

After:

I'm a firm believer in fix it right the first time. Even if new technology is the answer.

Back