Question on 68 Monaco

Spankys68

Reaction score
Ok gentleman, I have a 68 Monaco, and I have a chance to buy a 68 Polara. I really don't like the Polara taillights, but I have extra Monaco taillights, can I remove the taillights from the Polara and install Monaco lights without going thru a bunch of hassle. Thanks in advance.

I am just the opposite I don’t like ‘68 Monaco tail lights.
image.jpg
I am not sure what the Monaco uses as a filler between the tail lights, but the trunk and light profiles are very similar

According to my parts book, the panel behind the taillights is different between Polara and Monaco.

Jeff

Well opinions are what makes America what it is, the filler between the lights is the back up light. We did appear to both like the color, yours is a lot nicer than mine

According to my parts book, the panel behind the taillights is different between Polara and Monaco.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I was afraid of that, I really don't want to cut on a car that is in great condition, if the number of lights is the difference between the two, I can do that. (Another member pointed that out. Thanks much for your reply

Wiring is different. Monaco has more bulbs.
I wish that was the only difference, but it appears the panel behind the lights is different. So I guess I'll have to pass on the Polara. Thank you for your input.

I wish that was the only difference, but it appears the panel behind the lights is different. So I guess I'll have to pass on the Polara. Thank you for your input.

So any details on this said Polara if you are out? 2dr ht? Convertible? Color? location? Pictures? Thanks

So any details on this said Polara if you are out? 2dr ht? Convertible? Color? location? Pictures? Thanks
Sure, 1000 Oaks, CA. I found it on Mopar wrecks projects and barn finds. Red convertible. Funny how things go, I lived in. Why not Minot and we had a green 68 Monaco 4 Dr hardtop

Back