R.I.P. Hall of Famer "Tom Terrific"......

mobileparts

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Known to have an advanced stage of dementia for the last couple of years, Hall of Famer TOM SEAVER passed away yesterday at the age of 75....

As a Mets and White Sox fan, I got to enjoy Tom's talent 3 times !!!!!!

I was at the old Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, right behind the White Sox dugout, on August 4th, 1985, when pitching for my White Sox, Tom won
# 300....
And everything was ** 41 ** that day. White Sox won 4 - 1... Tom pitched a complete game, gave up 4 hits and 1 run, struck out 4 and walked 1.....

R.I.P. TOM,. God bless Nancy and the family.......

He enlisted in the Marine Corp Reserves out of High School! He was in the Mets Organization.... not my favorite team in the Sixties and Seventies he killed the Cubs in '69... I was a Twins/White Sox/Cardinals/Cubs fan back then! He's a Hall of Fame Baseball player and as a Human being In my best estimation! RIP... Tom

As I will remember him .. a Miracle Met, #41

Capture 90 (1).png

I always remember an interview he gave once after he changed his pitching style. He no longer dragged his right knee in the dirt after the change. He said he had gotten so tired of people telling him something was wrong because there was no dirt on his knee, that he started rubbing dirt on it before the game started just to shut them up! Ha!

The torque he got from that style was incredible....
A Phillies fan on another's site was recalling Mets - Phillies games when Tom Seaver faced Steve Carlton....

Every one of those games was a guaranteed classic.
Arguably the best righty and lefty of that generation.
Yes I know who Nolan Ryan is, and later, Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine were....

But Seaver - Carlton... That WAS the best vs. the best....

I would sit at top row upper deck Shea Stadium. Loved to watch him play. I would toss popcorn down on people waiting to get in stadium. Got in trouble once but was not tazed or shot

Known to have an advanced stage of dementia for the last couple of years, Hall of Famer TOM SEAVER passed away yesterday at the age of 75....

As a Mets and White Sox fan, I got to enjoy Tom's talent 3 times !!!!!!

I was at the old Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, right behind the White Sox dugout, on August 4th, 1985, when pitching for my White Sox, Tom won
# 300....
And everything was ** 41 ** that day. White Sox won 4 - 1... Tom pitched a complete game, gave up 4 hits and 1 run, struck out 4 and walked 1.....

R.I.P. TOM,. God bless Nancy and the family.......
Very sad

The Mets yesterday paid tribute to Tom Terrific yesterday by all rubbing dirt on their right knee !!!!

And as far as Nolan Ryan --- can you say Jim Fregosi ?? (Yikes !!)

Back