SOLD R35 AM/FM Multiplex Plymouth Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnz84

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This radio is from a R35 optioned 69 Fury VIP 2 door. It includes the 3 speakers, the Cletron crossover, uncut wiring harness, and dash bezel/faceplate. There are no connections for rear speakers. Part number on the radio is 2884765. It is one of the strange radios with the provision for 8 track but no 8 track is included. Empty space. The faceplate has the often missing Plymouth emblem. The mounting tabs are intact and there are no cracks. When I tested the radio with 12v battery I could here the speakers crackle as power was applied but no lights or static. I decided not to dig in further at this time. I'm going start with $450 + shipping and then possibly look into fixing it if you guys freak. I'm not going to break apart this set. Somebody needs this to complete their GT project! I can deliver to Carlisle.
IMG_2112[1].JPG
IMG_2113[1].JPG
IMG_2114[1].JPG
IMG_2108[1].JPG
IMG_2105[1].JPG
IMG_2107[1].JPG

I can more pics of anything specific.

$450 is the going price for a fully functional AM/FM Stereo radio for a 69 - 71 Fury and $450 is also about the price to have a radio converted to modern internals so I think that you may want to rethink your pricing. I am fairly certain that your radio is only for '69's as I have never in 30 years seen that style radio and bezel with the blank 8-track area in a '70 or '71 Fury. In fact I have an AM/FM stereo radio for a '71 Dodge C Body, which is the same as a '70 - '71 Fury radio except that it does not say PLYMOUTH on it that plays great on FM that I would happily sell for $450.

Well, since we are seeing the complete 3-speaker "unit", with the divider box, just needing the speakers re-coned, with the complete wiring harness, just need to add the rear fader for the rear speakers and you're done. The instrument panel trim items is interesting, though.

No disregard to Aurora Designs or those who perceive they need to have a modernized radio's capabilities to drive down the road, but I did like the way those older Chrysler multiplex units sounded, even with stock speakers, especially in the 5-speaker (3 frt, 2 rr) configuration.

Not a buyer, with no connection to the seller other than this forum.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Last edited:
$450 is the going price for a fully functional AM/FM Stereo radio for a 69 - 71 Fury and $450 is also about the price to have a radio converted to modern internals so I think that you may want to rethink your pricing. I am fairly certain that your radio is only for '69's as I have never in 30 years seen that style radio and bezel with the blank 8-track area in a '70 or '71 Fury. In fact I have an AM/FM stereo radio for a '71 Dodge C Body, which is the same as a '70 - '71 Fury radio except that it does not say PLYMOUTH on it that plays great on FM that I would happily sell for $450.
This is the 3rd 69 Plymouth radio I've seen like this. Sold one a few year's back and a friend has one in his 69 VIP and this one. I bought a AM FM out of a 69 Polara a few year's back this style also so Dodge had them also. But like you said I've never seen one in a 70 or 71 Plymouth at all.

More pics of speakers/part numbers. The black tips on the Cletron are tape holding the screws.
IMG_2137[1].JPG
IMG_2138[1].JPG
IMG_2139[1].JPG
IMG_2140[1].JPG

Well, since we are seeing the complete 3-speaker "unit", with the divider box, just needing the speakers re-coned, with the complete wiring harness, just need to add the rear fader for the rear speakers and you're done. The instrument panel trim items is interesting, though.

No disregard to Aurora Designs or those who perceive they need to hacve a modernized radio's capabilities to drive down the road, but I did like the way those older Chrysler multiplex units sounded, even with stock speakers, especially in the 5-speaker (3 frt, 2 rr) configuration.

Not a buyer, with no connection to the seller other than this forum.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
I agree, in my younger days, (70's, with what I drove), I always thought the Mopar audio systems had superior sound. Even single speaker AM set ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back