Radar Detectors

To bring back the manual shift discussion, I enjoyed my driving around a bunch... hills, improperly banked curves, deer carcasses... all things I don't get to enjoy much in FL. Having a nicely geared 4-5-6 speed would have made it so much more fun for the weekend.

Instead I have a rental KIA Sorrento, and I absolutely hate this POS. Hands down the least responsive accelerator I've ever driven and transmission that has an uncanny ability for always being in the wrong gear. Shame is, it has plenty of power for a rental and the hills... I seriously considered overriding the shifting, but decided that would just piss me off more... make me feel like those idiot movie stars constantly working the shifter on an automatic :realcrazy:.

That's the kind of performance you get for $19.95 a day.....

:steering:

I just got home from work .... ALIVE. My top speed was 103. The people doing 90 moved out of my way as it should be. Most then moved in behind a let me set the pace.
I've found the biggest problem is the middle lane guy. He's not keeping right.
I rarely drive that fast but do "speed" normally on the highways. Typically 15-25 kph over. At that speed the OPP won't bother you. Tickets here for 30 kph over can get pricey quick and can affect your insurance rates. As mentioned above the biggest safety issue on highways is the dunderheads that haven't figured out to keep right unless passing. And more recently that includes truckers who used to be the best drivers on the road. No longer.

Canceled my econo-rental after a miserable MISERABLE! flight and shot right to the top for a Hertz Shelby Mustang :wideyed:. $75/day rings a bell.
Drove it like I stole it and was not happy with it.
It was an automatic. :BangHead:
Being a ragtop didn't help...

Should of found a Scat Pack or Hellcat to rent.

Does Hertz rent those cars???

That's the kind of performance you get for $19.95 a day.....

:steering:
I want it all... the bait and switch the rental companies do is always interesting, it was supposed to be an Edge. I didn't squawk, it had surprisingly decent head room, and was the first PGH rental I've had with less than 50k miles (10k).

But my right foot kept dropping, waiting for something to happen and then, all at once, the computer would open the throttle to match my foot and I was driving with the smoothness of a 16 year old drivers ed student. The experience has me viewing KIA owners with even more disdain, why in the world would someone subject themselves to this POS.

Women should only every mention automatic and Shelby in the same sentence. Something like " if they offered a automatic I would buy a Shelby"

Ironically.
My boss owned a Mustang GT 500 that was Carroll Shelby's company car when in town.
Yep, a convertible, automatic, tin wheelcover car.

Speeding doesn't kill, carelessness does.
Well said. Near my grandmother's house in very rural Tennessee there is a road that is straight for a long time, but just over the crown of a tall hill it has an abrupt 90 degree right turn. No signs, nothing to warn you that it is there. The only thing to save you from flying into the farmhouse right there is the guard rail. A couple of times a year, somebody not paying attention speeds over the crown of the hill only to slam into the guardrail. That guardrail has been replaced more times than I can count, and it always looks smashed in. The only time I speed is on a highway that I know is freeflowing, and areas that I know.

Women should only every mention automatic and Shelby in the same sentence. Something like " if they offered a automatic I would buy a Shelby"
Excluding the rest of the household would only make getting the manual more enticing...

LALouisianaStatePolice1960Ford-vi.jpg
te8dpG0.jpg
DES_FP09_0090_002.jpg

Back