Radiator Hoses for 1966 Fury, 383, factory AC, 26" radiator

pinkiedog64

Reaction score
Looking for part numbers for molded upper and lower radiator hoses for a 1966 Fury with 383, 727, factory AC, 26" wide radiator. Local parts stores are run by young kids who don't know how to look things up in the books. Not interested in the universal fit/corrugated hoses (that's what's on there now).

You might head over to www.rockauto.com and see what brands and types of hoses they have listed and at what price. You can look them up yourself and then look at the images of the parts to see if they match what you need. When you punch the "INFO" icon and that page comes up, you can THEN click on the manufacturer's icon in the upper lh corner and that will take you to the manufacturer's website AND online catalogs.

Then, with that information in hand, you can go back to the auto supply and ask to see their catalogs to verify what they can get or have in stock. Perhaps, y'all could learn to use the paper catalogs for everybody's benefit?

Is the radiator the stock one with a round top?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Last edited:
They are the same part number as a 1966 B Body, so order hoses for a 1966 Charger with A/C. Reproduction Mopar hoses are available if you want them.

Following up in case others have the same question. Gates 20226 for upper and Gates 20558 for lower. Reminder these are part numbers for '66 Fury with 383 with factory AC with 26" radiator.

If any of you can, please send a pic of engine looking down at upper hose. I've had the same problem with my '66 Polara 383. It's non-AC, and the the upper hose is on the passenger side (not center like original ones I've seen). It's not the original radiator, was replaced with a 26" Chrysler radiator with this serial # 2998965 stamped on top, then below that 59536. My research so far says that it comes from Fuselage era 69 or 70 big blocks. Fortunately the Gates # 20558 DID work for the lower hose replacement. The prior owner had a NAPA 7526 on the upper, and I just bought the exact # replacement at NAPA, and it doesn't work.

Replacement for Lower Hose (Gates 20558) Installed Jan. 2024 IMG_2482.jpg

Replacement hose view from above Jan. 2024 IMG_2483.jpg

NAPA (old) hose 7526 _ IMG_0062.jpg

View from side, existing Upper Hose, Oct. 2023 IMG_2345.jpg

NAPA replacement hose 7526_IMG_0063.jpg

NAPA replacement hose_IMG_0064.jpg

See the above posts. The industry number 332 radiator fits my '67 Newport 383 w/ac and also my '70 Monaco 383 4bbl w/ac. The aftermarket hoses are "cut to length", with an appropriate "ink line" location to shorten them. The one on my Monaco looks just like a '70 B/E-body 383 hose w/ac.

Go into the NAPA online parts lookup and see what they might show. Then do the same at www.rockauto.com and see what Gates shows. Should be illustrations and specs for each one. Might be that NAPA has a batch of those hoses which are mis-tagged?

CBODY67

Back