ramblein and pics

CanCritter

Reaction score
tried twice now to post stuff and lost 2.5 hrs trying...3rd times a charm..part 1

saw a car done by a artist...couldn't get them outa my mind..up till 3-4 am sometimes huntin info and cars on net

decided l had to build one so started looking for 70 furys...found one in Calamar Albt...was brown in bad pic but figured no biggie gona paint it black anyway.
day finally comes to pick it up and pull seatcovers off to see how bad seats were...not a rip...tear or crack in whole interior...was amazed at the condition of the interior and exterior wasn't far behind it

like these vids

first wash

documention second to none...

in the end came to the realizeation l couldn't do much to this car other than basic maitence to keep the car orriginall..the car
was a true survivor in every sence of the word...so need to find another fury..
.Part 2 1971 fury GT to follow

PART 2...the GT

with the realizeation l couldn't touch the 70 due to it being a true survivor cast my net once again looking for another fury ...had seen a 71 fury in preivious searchs but never gave it much thought due to price which was about 15 k at the time..over the period of the year the price dropped...12---10---7 then 5k at which point l nabbed another fury sight unseen

Realy didn't realize what l had bought until l started reading and reasearching it..at that point realized l had something but wasn't shure...did realize l had a GT but this car stepped it up another level with the color combination and Brogham package as well
would like to introduce you folks to the new beast on the block..will be restored over the winter with spring completion
one 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury Brogham..ew1 h5y5 two tag car..loaded with gold vynal roof

more to follow...........

You are a fortunate guy. Most of the time when I buy something, I end up being somewhat disappointed at the description of the car that was lacking in the ad and what was not told. That is one sweet Fury III. I assume any rust is confined to the rear valence then? It looks like is doesn't have a/c even though an airtemp booklet was included in the documentation. What engine is in it and how many miles?

Even the GT is impressive, with a lot of options including the tunnel mounted cassette player, great interior, amazing trunk pan given where the car came from - and a Brougham package no less - that has to be rare on a GT. Hopefully the lower rust isn't too bad. How many miles on that one - looks like low mileage to me. I watched that car over the years too, but being in Canada and the initial price and the poor photos in the listings, I was deterred. I am very happy for you. Congratulations!

seats in here now were put in to save originals..no idea what their out of

I remember this car being advertized for some period of time as you stated, was discussed around here more than once. Most interesting Combo. That's what a Hurst Sport Fury would have looked I guess. :)

trunk was loadedddd with stuff prievious owner had stockpiled before he passed on..gotta give him credit..lotta rare and hard to find stuff in there

runnin rough but runnin...

Nice. I had one of those console cassette recorders in my '72 Challenger. You are right keeping both of those cars stock, that is a special pair.

ever wonder what ya can stuff in the trunk of a C body....what l found....

welp about done here for now till resto begins....if ya'll wondered where all the 71 oem nos parts have been disappearing to now ya know..have been suckin up anything 71 fury nos...have all my parts now includeing probally the last oem rear quarter l/r panels and grille out there...picked up the last couple parts l needed from Dan here..thanx Dan...didn't think ld find those parts..tis apprieciated...hope ya'll enjoyed the read...took me 3 times to get it and 3 hrs...hate losein crap and havein to redo...geez....

I'm really glad you posted this stuff. Now I am really pumped and I hope the start of a long thread of its own. Truly worthy stuff!!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
You are a fortunate guy. Most of the time when I buy something, I end up being somewhat disappointed at the description of the car that was lacking in the ad and what was not told. That is one sweet Fury III. I assume any rust is confined to the rear valence then? It looks like is doesn't have a/c even though an airtemp booklet was included in the documentation. What engine is in it and how many miles?

Even the GT is impressive, with a lot of options including the tunnel mounted cassette player, great interior, amazing trunk pan given where the car came from - and a Brougham package no less - that has to be rare on a GT. Hopefully the lower rust isn't too bad. How many miles on that one - looks like low mileage to me. I watched that car over the years too, but being in Canada and the initial price and the poor photos in the listings, I was deterred. I am very happy for you. Congratulations!

70 has a 318 with HD suspension...shows 95,ooo klms...engine bay is dirty but will clean up nicely

GT...ya honestly lucked out with both so counting blessins to be shure...kinda figured lots here and other site woulda grabbed this car had it been in the states...my only saveing grace was it was in Saskatoon and a bit of a stretch for you folks down south...was just in right place right time when he dropped price to 5 k and bought it sight unseen...have both rear oem nos quarters for it...trunk ,interior floors are in great shape..only work is typicaly around roof re vynal but rear quarters will take care of most of that...will have it restored by a fellow in Idaho this winter...have seen some of his work first hand so know this car will be mint come spring...am bittin the bit let me tell ya...funny thing is l'll have 3 project vehicles hit the road next spring..gona be tough desidein what to drive....countin blessins.....

Congradulations ......... Nice find. I sounds like the car found the right guy.

We'll be anxious to watch it come together

Great score on both cars, looking forward to watching the progress of the GT. You didn't happin to find any rare 72 Polara parts in that massive trunk did ya?

Paul is doing yours too? He did a super job on Gary's and Bill's cars.

ya...hada beg and promise him first born for a apprentice... was just over to Bills last Friday morning...beautiful car and work was impressive as well...still would realy like to see Garrys car as well...Paul is in the middle of another Calgary build right now as well...60s fastback mustang and that'll be a spring reveal as well so he'll be bouncein back and forth between cars over the winter...would be nice to gather all the cars up next spring for a shoot...would definitely be a pic Paul would want....

Great score on both cars, looking forward to watching the progress of the GT. You didn't happin to find any rare 72 Polara parts in that massive trunk did ya?

don't think so but have a 73 trunk lid ??that came in deal and have no idea what its from...thought mayby prievious owner was gona use it instead of orriginall as its rough shape..71 -73 trunk lids interchangeable on furys and would dodges be same?..in anycase have no use for it due to lock location..imagine there should be a P/N on it wouldn't there..if so will have to grab and look it up...

Back