Rare Valiant At Car Show

Mopar Madness

Reaction score
This is a Australian made car only 20 made.With right hand drive.235 CI Hemi.6 CYL.
DSC03073.jpg

It's a VG utility with a 245 Hemi engine. The 'only 20 made' claim is false, unless they are referring to specific colour/trim specs, I doubt those numbers are available because when Mitsubishi took over Chrysler Australia operations in the late 70s, they destroyed pretty much all records that they got as part of the buy up deal. Anyhow, should've left it alone, poor car.

Last edited:
That's what I waz thinkin' crv. If someone waz gonna stuff an inline 6 Hemi in ah Yute why not go all the way and stuff the 265 with 3 side draft webers like the LH chargerz got in '71 and really make it scream. BTW Matt, when they open up the Museum again have your Dad see if he can talk to the powerz that be to pull one of the two they have stashed in the Highland Park catacombs and put it down in the basement with the other hot stuff. One of 'um was there on an engine stand in '89 and I haven't seen it since, Jer...BTW, My information haz it that all the R&D work waz done in the old Hamtramck engine Lab in the mid and late '60s and we can only speculate as to why we never saw that engine here in the states

'cause there could be only one hemi. Wouldn't want to water down the image with a 6.
Peter my Friend, we all agree on the power of the 426 but the information I keep getting from OZ iz that the "HOT SHOES" down under are still road course racing those '70 to '73 "Valiant Chargers" with the 265 Hemi in 'um with the 3 webers hangin' off the side.( I have one of those intakes for the 3 webers that was cast special there for the /6 BTW but thatz another story) FYI Pal, THERE IZ NOT ONE PIECE OF THAT LITTLE IN LINE 6 HEMI THAT WILL INTERCHANGE WITH THE LEANIN' TOWER OF POWER that we know and love. In my research within the original Chrysler Australia service manuals the only part that I found that will interchange with ANY OTHER production engine part in Mothers entire fleet in those that 4 yearz were the cam bearings in the 318 if I remember correctly. They're sweat little hi-rev hummerz in ah 4 seater thatz under 3000lbs, lol Jer

A local collector has one of those right hand drive Yutes in the Chicagoland area.
I saw it at the Fox Lake Mopar show. It had the 235 hemi if I recall. Cool little ride.
Yute.jpeg

Off topic, I saw this one at another car show. FWIW the owner told me Aussie government have restricted the sale of these cars to foreign countries.
I don't know if they can do that.
Yute.jpeg
Mad Max.jpeg
Mad Max.jpeg
Mad Max.jpeg

The E49 Charger was a good performer with a 1/4 mile time of 14.4s, it had the 265 Hemi and a 4-speed gearbox.
maxresdefault.jpg

A local collector has one of those right hand drive Yutes in the Chicagoland area.
I saw it at the Fox Lake Mopar show. It had the 235 hemi if I recall. Cool little ride.
View attachment 101530
Off topic, I saw this one at another car show. FWIW the owner told me Aussie government have restricted the sale of these cars to foreign countries.
I don't know if they can do that.
View attachment 101530 View attachment 101531 View attachment 101531 View attachment 101531
It's 'Ute', short for Utility :poke:

Yes it iz sir. I thought all you folks in OZ called all those Valiant pickups Ute's I know ah couple guyz in Brisbane and that's what they call 'um. Thought it waz nation wide on your side of the planet? Jer

Yes it iz sir. I thought all you folks in OZ called all those Valiant pickups Ute's I know ah couple guyz in Brisbane and that's what they call 'um. Thought it waz nation wide on your side of the planet? Jer
Yes, pickups are F100s, all car based utilities are known as utes.

This is a Australian made car only 20 made.With right hand drive.235 CI Hemi.6 CYL.View attachment 101499

I hate to rain on that "20 made" parade, but...

Fun way to kill time on the interwebs

One of the coolest parts of that particular ute is on the inside. From the "I had no idea this existed file" (and thank God it didn't get removed for some aftermarket junk)...

IMG-20140412-03844_zps7ba40ca7.jpg

And if one of you Aussies could send over one of these alternate universe C-bodies, I promise not to hoon it.

upload_2016-10-31_19-54-56.png

Last edited:
I hate to rain on that "20 made" parade, but...

Fun way to kill time on the interwebs

One of the coolest parts of that particular ute is on the inside. From the "I had no idea this existed file" (and thank God it didn't get removed for some aftermarket junk)...

IMG-20140412-03844_zps7ba40ca7.jpg

And if one of you Aussies could send over one of these alternate universe C-bodies, I promise not to hoon it.

View attachment 101596
Swap you for a '69 Dodge Charger R/T...

And if one of you Aussies could send over one of these alternate universe C-bodies said:
101596[/ATTACH]
Yah those Chrysler by Chryslers as they were called were in fact still based on the A-body platform.

Back