Rarest C- Body?

moparnutcase

Reaction score
Now I do not want this post to turn into a pissing contest so...................just like the title says, what do you think is the rarest C-body? Let me add, I am talking strictly factory assembly line material...no one offs,special orders for higher ups,etc. Basically a car that Joe public could have bought right off the dealer lot. The reason I bring this up is quite honestly two-fold; one is the fact of the discussion about another V code Fury that is known to exist (what is the total..something like 6 or so?)and two my car...........1965 Dodge Monaco 426W 4-speed with documentation from Chrysler Historical. Still has matching drive train. As far as I know, this is the only one known to exist. Nobody has shown ANY kind of proof of another one that once existed or still currently does. The only mention of another is in ,I believe, the April '64 Cars (?) magazine which had done an article on a 413 Monaco. They said they got to drive a 426 4 speed prototype on the road course. Over the years I have come across 3 426 automatics,which are rare in themselves. So, I ask you, is my car possibly the rarest C-body KNOWN to exist? Any others that COULD be the only one known to exist? Curiosity is a wonderful thing!

Barring special engine/option/color combinations that can turn out to be something like one of one ,,, Amongst the rarest Production models would likely be something like 65 300L Convertible, 300 Hurst, some of the fuselage Dodge Convertibles, 70-71 Fury GT's and Imperial Limos.

I know Jazzandmoparguy (Ross) has a rare 66 Monaco with a 440/4spd and Dana rear. Rarer because it's a Canadian dodge, so I believe it came with the Sport Fury interior. Think it is one of only a few ever produced...and might be the only one to still exist?

A 65' C body Monaco four speed is way beyond rare, and you are a lucky guy. I tried to find out how many 67' CE23L Chrysler Newports were made with a 440 HP engine, and I was told there was no record of one in the Chrysler registry. I did drive a 68' new Yorker 440HP four speed with Dana rear end, in 1975. he wanted $800.00 Bucks for it. two months salary for me at the time! I have never heard of or seen another since.

When looking at rare I never felt you could look at option combinations which includes engine sizes and transmission sizes. If you start to look at options then you need to look at everything, like paint color, interior color, radio choice. Even something like cornering lights comes into play. If you look hard enough you could mae many cars one of a low number.

My 71 polara is a two door, it is also a Brougham. They made 2024 2 door broughams. How many had the 440? Came with white vinyl top? Bucket seats? White bucket seats? B7 blue?
To me it is a 71 polara 2 door.......

When I consider rare I consider body designation only.....

Needless to say fella's all of our cars regardless of production #'s are becoming rarer by the day...:wtg:

Needless to say fella's all of our cars regardless of production #'s are becoming rarer by the day...:wtg:
Wait long enough, your ad will be able to truthfully say:

,,,of the xxxxx built, this is the only one known remaining...

And for what it's worth, I'm going to toss a FACTORY '66 Fury I 2 dr. post, 440 4-speed in the pig pile.
I've searched high and low for almost 15 years and never found one even though it was available.

Stan, my request was much more simple, I thought. 1970 polara convertible, disc brakes and Superlite, that was it...... Still waiting. I lowered my standards after many years.

When looking at rare I never felt you could look at option combinations which includes engine sizes and transmission sizes. If you start to look at options then you need to look at everything, like paint color, interior color, radio choice. Even something like cornering lights comes into play. If you look hard enough you could mae many cars one of a low number.

My 71 polara is a two door, it is also a Brougham. They made 2024 2 door broughams. How many had the 440? Came with white vinyl top? Bucket seats? White bucket seats? B7 blue?
To me it is a 71 polara 2 door.......

When I consider rare I consider body designation only.....

Which is why I am trying to limit it to engine/tranny only as almost every car could be conceivably one of one with options. Mine is Pale Gold Poly, which was exclusive to the Monaco in '65 and was discontinued part way thru the model year. It may also be a radio delete but have not been able to 100% verify that. Ross's car is an example of what I am talking about, even dropping the Dana rear from the equation. Just engine and tranny combo make it extremely rare. I will say that certain options do make a car rare, but trying to keep it simple. If they made "X" car in a production run of a 1000, it is rare. If they all came with a 318,still rare considering only a 1000. But if one came with a 383 and the rest had 318's.....that is where I am trying to take this. Yes, our "C's" are rare as is.....just trying to get down to the nitty gritty.

Even given your parameters there would be quite a few 1 of's

And if there are.....let's see them and the proof to go along with it. I think there is a lot less then you might think. I am really looking for true 1 of 1 or 1 of 2 cars. 1 of 10 is rare,yes, but still 10 not 1. Engine/tranny combos only please.

Nut case: Are you talking theoretically possible, as in, one could have ordered one, or as in actual?

Can anyone show me a '68 300 440-spd 'vert w/air and radio delete? Available but doubtfully made.

Nut case: Are you talking theoretically possible, as in, one could have ordered one, or as in actual?

Can anyone show me a '68 300 440-spd 'vert w/air and radio delete? Available but doubtfully made.

Commando......I am referring to actually built. I am sure there are some combos that could have been built but were not. So to clarify....built for the general public and sold on a dealer lot.

I'm sure there were 1 o1's built that were available, built, sold, and finally crushed that no one left ever knew about.

The way I see it...all of us have very rare C-Bodies.

I would like to have one of every FCBO member cars in my fleet...

Since I can't....I would like to see a panoramic (even photo chopped) picture of the entire FCBO member cars. Even an aerial shot of all of our cars would be super cool.

No....I haven't been smoking any of Ross' weed today. LOL!:pimp_daddy:

I believe there is / was a 6 cyl 70 polara convertible built.... I'd have to check numbers when I get home. And it was only 1 built

Not a C-Body but....

Mopar built a couple (5 of them I believe) 1968 Road Runner convertibles. None were suppose to be available for sale. There is one in Ontario, Canada and 3 or 4 others are out there somewhere.

You nailed it, Bob. We all bought our cars because "it was the one".

Absolutely! LOL!

Every time I go to Carlisle and after seeing everybody's car....I want a 71 Polara, 69 300, 67 Newport, 60 Desoto, all of Ross' cars (haven't seen his cars in person yet). Hell, I even want a 61 Fury and I haven't even seen Will's 61 Fury yet. The list of C-Bodies I want goes on and on and on.

So far, I'm very fortunate and happy with both of my Formal's.

Back