Ready for prime time.

Very good job getting it back working again! I'd say it's a factory color combination. We had a '56 Savoy with a similar two-tone color set-up.

Perhaps the upper windshield header mount, for the inside rear view mirror, would have put it too close to the driver's head? Look how WIDE those sunvisors are!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Beautiful !!!!!! and yes, those are factory colors. They offered some very wild color combos throughout the forward look era. Just check out the dealer albums.
Your going to enjoy this summer in that.

As for the mirror, Notice how far into the roof the windshield goes. Mounting the mirror up there would put it right in the passengers face. It finally went the way of the push buttons. Another sad loss.

The push button tranny is cool. But I’m worried about where the exhaust is coming out. Got it from Waldrons. Looks almost a foot short. Wife says she is smelling exhaust in the car...

6CF88664-7EB4-462A-B231-CDB5C459180C.jpeg

It could end up being the pipes are just that much too short....
I had this with my Polara at first and had discovered that the gas/air ratio was out on my carb along with a bunch of things.
Also so much tar had been used in patching the panels it caused a stank on a hot sunny day especially with the top up.
Check for a leaking fuel line or tank if you haven't yet.. I see it looks new.
These car do have that classic car aroma too

It could end up being the pipes are just that much too short....

Check for a leaking fuel line or tank if you haven't yet.. I see it looks new.
These car do have that classic car aroma too
Everything is new! Tight as a drum too. Nice not having something old and not leaking.

It’s exhaust. Granted the trunk floor isn’t 100%, but i’m Thinking the pipes should reach out to at least under the bumper

My Charger trunk floor is a pin hole extravaganza and my OE style exhaust tips are exposed behind the rear valance and it smells like exhaust.
That single pot master scares me for a driver type car. The E brake works well I hope.

Everything is new! Tight as a drum too. Nice not having something old and not leaking.

It’s exhaust. Granted the trunk floor isn’t 100%, but i’m Thinking the pipes should reach out to at least under the bumper

That's likely the answer then. Exhaust can get sucked into a car very easily thorugh holes in the body. The underbody can cause a lot of vacuum.

Are there any reference photos on the net to indicate where the tips should reach to?

That's likely the answer then. Exhaust can get sucked into a car very easily thorugh holes in the body. The underbody can cause a lot of vacuum.

Are there any reference photos on the net to indicate where the tips should reach to?
I was just thinking I would go look.
My Charger trunk floor is a pin hole extravaganza and my OE style exhaust tips are exposed behind the rear valance and it smells like exhaust.
That single pot master scares me for a driver type car. The E brake works well I hope.
i have a bunch of cars with singles. They worked for years. Everything is new and maintained so I am not that worried. But the back up is the ebrake and on this car it is a drive shaft brake. Grabs good. You have to go easy so you don’t lock up the rear axle and swap ends.

I'd really like to know what Mopar was thinkin with that stupid way of mounting a RR mirror? I'm surprised you can even see out the back window with that.
Mike, @Ripinator best me to it. Same with the mirrors out on the fenders. Everything is in your field of view with the mirrors in those locations. Just pay attention as to how far you turn your head to use the side view mirrors in modern cars. And the overhead mirror. You completely take your eyes off the road to check them.

Mike, @Ripinator best me to it. Same with the mirrors out on the fenders. Everything is in your field of view with the mirrors in those locations. Just pay attention as to how far you turn your head to use the side view mirrors in modern cars. And the overhead mirror. You completely take your eyes off the road to check them.
Mirrors are for backing up.
Also to see if a woman is approaching, preparing to look down through pass window, or if it's just some dude and no further look is needed.

That should correct the exhaust problem in the car.

How does the tailpipes look when on level ground? Do they angle down exiting the rear of the car?

Back