Ready to start!

65&66Fury

Reaction score
Ok Guys, I spent all weekend getting the garage ready to work on the the Furys! I'm gonna start on the 66 Fury III. So I will use this page to update my progress. Just gonna striaghten up my tools and pull it inside.

66 Fury III.jpg

Nice Furys! I'm going to pick up a '65 Fury 4D w/383 tomorrow.

What did you drop into your '66?

Also, not to detail the thread, but what headers do you have in your wagon?

BTW, Can anyone tell me the correct method to remove the chrome trim from the body panels without damaging it? I want to detail/reuse it....

Nice Furys! I'm going to pick up a '65 Fury 4D w/383 tomorrow.

What did you drop into your '66?

Also, not to detail the thread, but what headers do you have in your wagon?

AWESOME! would love to see it! The 66 sedan has a 318 poly. I'm gonna keep it in there but rebuild it. She is gonna be a cruiser (low and slow!). The 65 wagon has the Commando 383 in it and is a screamin meemee! The wagon is gonna be the sleeper! The wagon has a set of Hooker Headers on it.

AWESOME! would love to see it! The 66 sedan has a 318 poly. I'm gonna keep it in there but rebuild it. She is gonna be a cruiser (low and slow!). The 65 wagon has the Commando 383 in it and is a screamin meemee! The wagon is gonna be the sleeper! The wagon has a set of Hooker Headers on it.

How did you stuff the headers in around the power steering box?

Thanks!

I'll have to pick your brain about what you can swap between the two years.

Thanks!

I'll have to pick your brain about what you can swap between the two years.

The cars are basically the same except for the nose and the side moulding. I will help out whereever I can. There is lots of knowledge on this site.

Back