Rear A/C Production Numbers

I'm 99.9% sure there's no way to know.

Are you referring to the rear heat (which was available across the whole model lineup), the passenger car rear A/C (which was an Imperial only item), or the Wagon rear AC (which was a big box in the back of the wagon, attached to the roof)?

Are you referring to the rear heat (which was available across the whole model lineup), the passenger car rear A/C (which was an Imperial only item), or the Wagon rear AC (which was a big box in the back of the wagon, attached to the roof)?
The big box a/c on wagons

Just finished the install of my rear a/c unit on the wagon for last summers cruise with the girls. I used only oem parts sourced from friends I met on this website. Stand by for post of finished product and details to share.

Would love to know how many were actually done.... But I suspect it's a pretty respectable number as I've seen several over the years.... But , then again it gets warm down here in Florida.

Oops. Forgot the photos of the install. I took the liberty of redlining the roof mounted unit in a matching color vinyl due to some cuts and scars on the unit I got from a fellow member. Painted the vents to match. Ad it been original to the car it would have gotten the parchment headliner to match the stick unit.

I think it looks stock and matches the interior better than pure stock.

2E4A603D-1461-460E-BCE4-ABB77D0711EE.jpeg

8B5B54DD-D1AB-4434-9293-325C9FA1C2EE.jpeg

CE9F340B-8CEE-4BBA-A207-112BA8961448.jpeg

Back