Rear Bumper Gasket - 65 Fury

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Looking for a rear bumper gasket for 65 Plymouth SF. If I could locate only the material to make my own, even better. Gasket needs to be 72 or 75 inch (trim). They are available for B body but fighting the old C body issue again. It would also be helpful if someone could provide a picture of one from a tech book given there is a notch in the middle I am not sure how to address. If necessary, I could take 2 B body gaskets and trim them to fit. Thanks.

Thanks but says it is not compatible and DMT never suggested. May have to order and trim/realign to conform and that is the reason I was hoping someone had a picture they could post from a tech manual. Have to do something and not costing a fortune as is the rest of the car! Bought a Grant steering wheel which I am also re-doing; polished the brushed metal, re-sanded the wood to get the cheap finish off and cheap wood look gone, re-stained it and now putting several coats of 100% tung oil on it. Looking good but nothing comes easy!

Last edited:
Not sure what is not compatible. The auction says 65-66 Fury and Polara. They look correct for my 65 Sport Fury. 8 pins each side and the spacing looks correct.

I just checked and it looks like they are out of stock.

Last edited:
Thanks but says it is not compatible and DMT never suggested. May have to order and trim/realign to conform and that is the reason I was hoping someone had a picture they could post from a tech manual. Have to do something and not costing a fortune as is the rest of the car! Bought a Grant steering wheel which I am also re-doing; polished the brushed metal, re-sanded the wood to get the cheap finish off and cheap wood look gone, re-stained it and now putting several coats of 100% tung oil on it. Looking good but nothing comes easy!
The one suggested above I used on my 65 sport fury convertible and it was an exact match to the original one I removed from the car prior to restoration. I can find some pics if needed.

The one suggested above I used on my 65 sport fury convertible and it was an exact match to the original one I removed from the car prior to restoration. I can find some pics if needed.
Out of Stock. Thanks.

Did you ever get your bumper seals? looks like DMT has them back in stock.

Did you ever get your bumper seals? looks like DMT has them back in stock.
Ordered two from which we will make one! Like the Bible says "and the two shall become one’; so then they are no longer two, but one one." Okay, so I took some liberties and changed the words a bit!

Where do these go? I know they are for the rear bumper but where?

FFA0C062-06A6-4FAB-88FD-59B925AB0191.jpeg

73F2D49D-B069-4477-9906-A52D1F827959.jpeg

C24AFC3D-E51D-4B99-B008-AF1BF2662709.jpeg

Back